VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:13:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: man, there's a lot of haters on the VS  (Read 10397 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:14:57 EST »

It must be frustrating for them to see Manning win the superbowl again. Or it might be them getting stumped counting all of those UF QB's that have gone on to win the superbowl......

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:02:05 EST »

I can't remember...who was the Quarterback in Denver before Peyton came to town.   

Someone who wasn't very memorable, whoever it was.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:20:00 EST »

Awwww, bless their poor, poor hearts.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:49:43 EST »

There are a couple there that drip hatred for Peyton.  It would be IMPOSSIBLE for those posters to not type hatred IMO.
It would seem one is still recovering from his favorite watering hole being closed ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:52:34 EST »

There are a couple there that drip hatred for Peyton.  It would be IMPOSSIBLE for those posters to not type hatred IMO.
It would seem one is stsill recovering from his favorite watering hole being closed ...

I let most of the Peyton hate go on that board anymore, but there's one poster that is just...irrational.  Peyton could run into a burning house and save three kids, and this person would be pissed that he didn't go back for the cat. 

I hope -she- enjoyed that game last night.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:20:38 EST »

I hope -she- enjoyed that game last night.

11B4PJ3F7
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 07:34:37 EST »

I see it's being discussed (not just there) that he had one of the worst performances for a winning Super Bowl QB.  Perhaps, but he was better than Cam except in total yards passing and rushing.  Better completion percentage, better QB rating, fewer fumbles, same number of interceptions, and he was sacked almost as much (5 vs. 6).  In the end, he was the "winning" QB, and that's what counts. 
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 07:52:46 EST »

I see it's being discussed (not just there) that he had one of the worst performances for a winning Super Bowl QB.  Perhaps, but he was better than Cam except in total yards passing and rushing.  Better completion percentage, better QB rating, fewer fumbles, same number of interceptions, and he was sacked almost as much (5 vs. 6).  In the end, he was the "winning" QB, and that's what counts. 
stop with the logical approach, this is the interwebz and its not allowed.

11B4PJ3F7
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 07:55:02 EST »

Almost twenty years gone, 0 and 4 record agin' 'em, and he's STILL living rent free in their pointy little heads! There's some strange folks over there.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 08:43:58 EST »

Man, I almost forgot how to poast on here.

Did someone say "hate" "Peyton" and "VS" in the same sentence? Unpossible 

This concludes my drive by poasting.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 08:47:55 EST »

Man, I almost forgot how to poast on here.

Did someone say "hate" "Peyton" and "VS" in the same sentence? Unpossible 

This concludes my drive by poasting.
Who are you??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:15 EST »

Who are you??

I've heard of her.  I think she's some Norm Reedus stalker.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:07 EST »

Who are you??

I am Peyton Manning's girlfriend. I'm also Norman Reedus' girlfriend. I've been extremely busy lately. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 09:35:11 EST »

Almost twenty years gone, 0 and 4 record agin' 'em, and he's STILL living rent free in their pointy little heads! There's some strange folks over there.

Actually, as a QB on the field, he was 0-3 against the Gators.  He played his first game in 1994 against Mississippi State, the week after the Florida game.  His first start was against Washington State the week after Mississippi State.  As TRObh likes to say, "just sayin."   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 09:39:43 EST »

Actually, as a QB on the field, he was 0-3 against the Gators.  He played his first game in 1994 against Mississippi State, the week after the Florida game.  His first start was against Washington State the week after Mississippi State.  As TRObh likes to say, "just sayin."   

He came in for a series in the season opener at UCLA, after Colquitt got hurt.  I was there.  Wish I had saved my ticket stub.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 09:46:45 EST »

He came in for a series in the season opener at UCLA, after Colquitt got hurt.  I was there.  Wish I had saved my ticket stub.

True.  But, he didn't see action in the next two games against Georgia or Florida, unless I have totally lost my memory (which is possible).
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 01:37:54 EST »

True.  But, he didn't see action in the next two games against Georgia or Florida, unless I have totally lost my memory (which is possible).

not sure about Florida, but he played at Uga.  I was there.  I recall to this day that when he took the field the team instantly looked sharper and more focused.

Not that Helton wasn't a good QB, but obviously he preferred baseball and didn't want to get hurt, and I think the team picked up on that attitude.  Whereas Peytons's attitude to football....well....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:34:28 EST »

not sure about Florida, but he played at Uga.  I was there.  I recall to this day that when he took the field the team instantly looked sharper and more focused.

Not that Helton wasn't a good QB, but obviously he preferred baseball and didn't want to get hurt, and I think the team picked up on that attitude.  Whereas Peytons's attitude to football....well....

Then someone's memory is wrong.  His official stats say he played in 10 of 12 games that season and started 8.  He definitely played against Mississippi State when Helton got hurt, and he then started every game after that (going 7-1 as a starter)(Bio at utsports.com - "Took over the starting role from Todd Helton in the fifth game of the season after losing Helton to a knee injury."  So, we know he played in the last 9 games of the season.  The first 3 games were against UCLA, Georgia, and Florida, and he can have played in only 1 of those.  So, which game was it?  BDV says UCLA and you say Georgia.  Unless the official stats are wrong, one of you has to be mistaken.   

1. September 3-UCLA, Pasadena, 23-25 L
2. September 10-Georgia, Athens, 30-27 W
3. September 17-Florida, Knoxville, 0-31 L
4. September 24-Mississippi State, Starkville, 21-24 L
5. October 1-Washington State, Knoxville, 10-9 W
6. October 8-Arkansas, Knoxville, 38-21 W
7. October 15-Alabama, Knoxville, 13-17 L
8. October 29-South Carolina, Columbia, 31-22 W
9. November 12-Memphis, Knoxville, 24-13 W
10. November 19-Kentucky, Knoxville  52-0 W
11. November 26-Vanderbilt, Nashville  65-0 W
12. December 30-Virginia Tech,  Gainesville/Gator, 45-23 W
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 11:43:10 EST »

I found video and articles showing that Manning (and Stewart) played in the UCLA game.  That leaves UGA and UF as the two games he did not play in, unless the stats are wrong.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 11:53:21 EST »

Then someone's memory is wrong.  His official stats say he played in 10 of 12 games that season and started 8.  He definitely played against Mississippi State when Helton got hurt, and he then started every game after that (going 7-1 as a starter)(Bio at utsports.com - "Took over the starting role from Todd Helton in the fifth game of the season after losing Helton to a knee injury."  So, we know he played in the last 9 games of the season.  The first 3 games were against UCLA, Georgia, and Florida, and he can have played in only 1 of those.  So, which game was it?  BDV says UCLA and you say Georgia.  Unless the official stats are wrong, one of you has to be mistaken.   

1. September 3-UCLA, Pasadena, 23-25 L
2. September 10-Georgia, Athens, 30-27 W
3. September 17-Florida, Knoxville, 0-31 L
4. September 24-Mississippi State, Starkville, 21-24 L
5. October 1-Washington State, Knoxville, 10-9 W
6. October 8-Arkansas, Knoxville, 38-21 W
7. October 15-Alabama, Knoxville, 13-17 L
8. October 29-South Carolina, Columbia, 31-22 W
9. November 12-Memphis, Knoxville, 24-13 W
10. November 19-Kentucky, Knoxville  52-0 W
11. November 26-Vanderbilt, Nashville  65-0 W
12. December 30-Virginia Tech,  Gainesville/Gator, 45-23 W

Todd played the entire game against Georgia, so neither Manning nor Stewart played in that game.  He played against UCLA - UT played 4 QBs in that game.  I'm fairly positive that the other game he didn't play in was against Florida.  Helton started that game, and I think Stewart came in late and finished up.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 12:05:11 EST »

Todd played the entire game against Georgia, so neither Manning nor Stewart played in that game.  He played against UCLA - UT played 4 QBs in that game.  I'm fairly positive that the other game he didn't play in was against Florida.  Helton started that game, and I think Stewart came in late and finished up.  

Actually, I just pulled out my 1995 UT football guide, and it states that Manning played in 11 games, not 10, and started 8.  So, it appears the utsports.com information is wrong.  It references him playing briefly against UF and having a TD pass to Nilo Silvan called back due to a penalty. So, technically, I guess he was 0-4 against UF.  He did not play against UGA in 1994.  That was a Stewart-Hayden running back dominated game and Helton played the entire game at QB.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 01:22:30 EST »

Actually, I just pulled out my 1995 UT football guide, and it states that Manning played in 11 games, not 10, and started 8.  So, it appears the utsports.com information is wrong.  It references him playing briefly against UF and having a TD pass to Nilo Silvan called back due to a penalty. So, technically, I guess he was 0-4 against UF.  He did not play against UGA in 1994.  That was a Stewart-Hayden running back dominated game and Helton played the entire game at QB.

I don't think it is even an official stat, but I don't think a backup QB gets credited with either a W or an L, not that it really matters all that much. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 01:42:41 EST »

I don't think it is even an official stat, but I don't think a backup QB gets credited with either a W or an L, not that it really matters all that much. 

True, but we're talking about Gator fan logic here. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 06:44:15 EST »

Okay, well my memory must be from the Florida game then.  I did attend both games that year.  And come to think of it, I was a tad inebriated at the uga game, a fact my BIL occasionally reminds me of.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: