VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:04:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good grief, it just won't stop...  (Read 26044 times)
VOLveeta
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:32 EST »

This article says quite eloquently what some of you guys have been saying... and it goes in step with how I feel about what has happened in our politics.  ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK... regardless of facts.  Malign, assassinate character and move on to the next.  

"Or maybe, this is us dredging up dirt to win an argument."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4695020-peyton-manning-case-title-ix-sexual-assault-timing-jamie-naughright-victim-cam-newton?eadid=SOC%2FTwi%2FSNMain
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:17:08 EST by VOLveeta » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 06:38:56 EST »

Funny pic here, and at the risk of being labeled "insensitive", these two have both brought it upon themselves by claiming to be something that biology and their own DNA says they are not. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Live Orange
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2016, 07:25:29 EST »

Found this little gem... "your breast is dead". The fact that anyone would take this lady seriously is absurd.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/12/31788.htm
Creek Walker
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2016, 08:35:42 EST »

Regarding the whole "vulgar mouth" allegation that Manning made in the book, which sparked the 2003 lawsuit, which brings all of this up today, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere (that I've seen) that as part of its report that was made part of the 1996 sexual harassment lawsuit, UT concluded that Naughright often used profanity "to prove that she was one of the boys." (The university also claimed that Naughright claimed responsibility for some of the sexual harassment because she exhibited the same behavior towards the guys that she turned around and complained about.)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2016, 01:26:00 EST »

Found this little gem... "your breast is dead". The fact that anyone would take this lady seriously is absurd.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/12/31788.htm

And five months prior to that, she sued something called "Deli Delicacies", for very similar "injuries".  I can't find any details on that case, but it's mentioned in the defense statement for the Karan lawsuit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:27:55 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2016, 02:39:34 EST »

Something I learned today, or maybe I knew and had forgotten, is just how significantly Naughright's story changed between her original lawsuit in 1996 and her second lawsuit in 2002.

In 1996, she described the "mooning" like this: "He pulled his pants down and exposed himself to me, as I was bent over examining his foot after asking me personal questions. I reported this to my supervisor, who referred to it as 'merely a prank,' and no action was taken in regard to this until after I formally complained."

Six and a half years later, her attorney beefed up the claim, saying that the "mooning" was "of such a gross, crude and indecent nature that it would have offended even the most callous individual." During her deposition, Naughright made the infamous "naked butt and rectum" statement, saying, "It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles, and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up and off."

Now let's examine this for just a minute. In 1996, she's suing UT for a laundry list of sexual harassment claims. Money is, quite literally, on the line. If you've never read that lawsuit, you should. She mentions just about everything she could mention -- from movies that were shown on the team bus that included sexual content to members of the football team making statements about Nicole Brown when the OJ Simpson verdict was read to Phillip Fulmer asking her if she liked big guys. She even included old man Gus Manning, for pete's sake. Yet she didn't say ANYTHING about Manning forcing his butt and balls onto her face. She just said he "pulled his pants down and exposed himself."

That seems telling.

Also, King has made much of Malcolm Saxon's letter to Manning refuting the original story that Manning mooned Saxon instead of Naughright (which I've never believed anyway). It's interesting that the letter was not written until December 2002, after Naughright's lawsuit had been filed. And Saxon mentions in the letter that he had spoken to both Naughright and her attorney. Red flag, anyone? Also, while Saxon refutes the suggestion that Manning was mooning HIM and not HER, he doesn't offer ANY evidence to support Naughright's claim that Manning forced his butt onto her face. In fact, his wording -- "I still don't know why you dropped your drawers" -- seems to corroborate Manning's description of how it went down (or Naughright's description in 1996).

Now why hasn't Shaun King made any mention of the discrepancies in Naughright's accounts of what happened?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2016, 02:48:50 EST »

Something I learned today, or maybe I knew and had forgotten, is just how significantly Naughright's story changed between her original lawsuit in 1996 and her second lawsuit in 2002.

In 1996, she described the "mooning" like this: "He pulled his pants down and exposed himself to me, as I was bent over examining his foot after asking me personal questions. I reported this to my supervisor, who referred to it as 'merely a prank,' and no action was taken in regard to this until after I formally complained."

Six and a half years later, her attorney beefed up the claim, saying that the "mooning" was "of such a gross, crude and indecent nature that it would have offended even the most callous individual." During her deposition, Naughright made the infamous "naked butt and rectum" statement, saying, "It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles, and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up and off."

Now let's examine this for just a minute. In 1996, she's suing UT for a laundry list of sexual harassment claims. Money is, quite literally, on the line. If you've never read that lawsuit, you should. She mentions just about everything she could mention -- from movies that were shown on the team bus that included sexual content to members of the football team making statements about Nicole Brown when the OJ Simpson verdict was read to Phillip Fulmer asking her if she liked big guys. She even included old man Gus Manning, for pete's sake. Yet she didn't say ANYTHING about Manning forcing his butt and balls onto her face. She just said he "pulled his pants down and exposed himself."

That seems telling.

Also, King has made much of Malcolm Saxon's letter to Manning refuting the original story that Manning mooned Saxon instead of Naughright (which I've never believed anyway). It's interesting that the letter was not written until December 2002, after Naughright's lawsuit had been filed. And Saxon mentions in the letter that he had spoken to both Naughright and her attorney. Red flag, anyone? Also, while Saxon refutes the suggestion that Manning was mooning HIM and not HER, he doesn't offer ANY evidence to support Naughright's claim that Manning forced his butt onto her face. In fact, his wording -- "I still don't know why you dropped your drawers" -- seems to corroborate Manning's description of how it went down (or Naughright's description in 1996).

Now why hasn't Shaun King made any mention of the discrepancies in Naughright's accounts of what happened?
Because they don't fit his narrative.
Besides, he is but-hurt that his sweet thing Cam was (correctly) called out for his being a sore loser.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Live Orange
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2016, 02:52:42 EST »

Could one of you legal types shed some light onto this please? Why would the document have been ordered deleted by the judge?

http://qbspeak.com/2016/02/15/74-page-document-touted-by-shaun-king-was-ordered-by-court-to-be-deleted/
Creek Walker
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2016, 04:07:41 EST »

Could one of you legal types shed some light onto this please? Why would the document have been ordered deleted by the judge?

http://qbspeak.com/2016/02/15/74-page-document-touted-by-shaun-king-was-ordered-by-court-to-be-deleted/

I'm not a legal type so I can't answer your question, but if I recall correctly, it has been reported that the entire thing was destroyed by the court in 2014. That speaks to what BDV has said more than once, re: the double standard between Manning mentioning the original case in his 2001 book, and Naughright releasing this document to King now. I mean, the Mannings are being raked over the coals for destroying this well-respected professional's career because he wrote a couple of paragraphs in his book without mentioning her by name, and that was NOTHING compared to the incendiary information in the now-infamous 74-page document. Fair is fair, right?

(Along those lines, maybe TRO can answer this question: was Manning's inclusion of the case in the book really a violation of the non-disclose agreement? Is there typically a non-disclose agreement that is separate from the terms of the settlement? Because after reading through the settlement order of the '96 lawsuit, it doesn't seem to me that the confidentiality clause even applies to Manning -- and he certainly didn't sign it; only the university signed it.)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:28 EST »

This is the guy the main stream sports media is putting their faith in.

He is a lying sack of shizzle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/20/shaun-king-confession-i-have-no-idea-who-my-father-is/ 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VOLveeta
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2016, 09:58:11 EST »

This is the guy the main stream sports media is putting their faith in.

He is a lying sack of shizzle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/20/shaun-king-confession-i-have-no-idea-who-my-father-is/  

Well, my failed point all along is that, regardless of how clearly sordid and rancid this man clearly is... the effect has been precisely what he intended.  At least Michael Wilbon called him out.  But King brought out stuff I didn't even know about and regardless of how questionable his intent or character is, Peyton has been fairly or unfairly brought back into the spotlight for something that only feeds the haters.  To them, I'm sure King is a peach for feeding their Peyton-hate.

I don't care if you've got videos of Shaun King raping a turtle, the dominos have already started.  Give them a nugget to tear down the hero?  The won't question whom offered the nugget:

"Deadspin unearthed and analyzed the history of Jamie Naughright's claims of sexual harassment against the University of Tennessee on Tuesday — and the complaints extend beyond Peyton Manning."

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4695134-peyton-manning-case-nydn-report-jamie-naughright-tennessee-title-ix-philip-fulmer
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:06:06 EST by VOLveeta » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:58 EST »

Well, my failed point all along is that, regardless of how clearly sordid and rancid this man clearly is... the effect has been precisely what he intended.  At least Michael Wilbon called him out.  But King brought out stuff I didn't even know about and regardless of how questionable his intent or character is, Peyton has been fairly or unfairly brought back into the spotlight for something that only feeds the haters.  To them, I'm sure King is a peach for feeding their Peyton-hate.

I don't care if you've got videos of Shaun King raping a turtle, the dominos have already started.  Give them a nugget to tear down the hero?  The won't question whom offered the nugget:

"Deadspin unearthed and analyzed the history of Jamie Naughright's claims of sexual harassment against the University of Tennessee on Tuesday — and the complaints extend beyond Peyton Manning."

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4695134-peyton-manning-case-nydn-report-jamie-naughright-tennessee-title-ix-philip-fulmer

The Manning allegations are one thing, but I really hate to see the entirety of that '96 lawsuit hashed out all over again under a national spotlight. There's a reason it really didn't catch on in '96, and it wasn't just because there were no social media networks back then. It's because the allegations were largely viewed as ridiculous. I encourage anyone who isn't up to speed on what her claims were to read the actual affidavit she filed in its entirety. There were so many things and they were so petty for the most part. She said she was sexually harassed by Gus Manning, for pete's sakes. Gus freakin' Manning! I know it was 20 years ago but I'm pretty sure Gus hasn't had a sexual thought in his mind for at least 50 years. She included a complaint because players made off-color remarks about Nicole Brown -- and they weren't even made to her; she just happened to overhear them. One of the more serious allegations she made was that athletes had told her that she needed to be afraid for her safety -- insinuating that other athletes were going to rape her. When UT investigated, she REFUSED to say who had told her that so that the claim could be investigated.
VOLveeta
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2016, 12:29:01 EST »

The Manning allegations are one thing, but I really hate to see the entirety of that '96 lawsuit hashed out all over again under a national spotlight. There's a reason it really didn't catch on in '96, and it wasn't just because there were no social media networks back then. It's because the allegations were largely viewed as ridiculous. I encourage anyone who isn't up to speed on what her claims were to read the actual affidavit she filed in its entirety. There were so many things and they were so petty for the most part. She said she was sexually harassed by Gus Manning, for pete's sakes. Gus freakin' Manning! I know it was 20 years ago but I'm pretty sure Gus hasn't had a sexual thought in his mind for at least 50 years. She included a complaint because players made off-color remarks about Nicole Brown -- and they weren't even made to her; she just happened to overhear them. One of the more serious allegations she made was that athletes had told her that she needed to be afraid for her safety -- insinuating that other athletes were going to rape her. When UT investigated, she REFUSED to say who had told her that so that the claim could be investigated.

GUS?!?!?!  He was the sweetest gentleman!!!  I met the man twice.   That is a L.I.E.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2016, 01:56:35 EST »

This was my initial reaction.  I followed the issue extensively in 96, although if memory serves, it was mostly played out in the press in 1997.  And while you are correct that there was no twitter, facebook, etc, as it turns out sports message boards had hit the big time in 1996 and believe me, it was all over the Vol and other SEC sports message boards. I can't comment on other parts of the country because I didn't frequent those, but Tider Insider, the Dawg Run and the old GatorSports message board that was the predecessor to the Mudlizard had a field day with it.

And the allegations that came out in that time frame, as you say, were a lot more innocuous sounding and down right trivial in some cases.

Where I differ with you is I think it would be good to put it in the spotlight, precisely due to what you and I both think about it, which is that it seems she was really reaching on at least some of those.  Questions can and should be raised about what changed so dramatically between 1996 and 2003, and when you add in that the 2003 document was biased towards the plaintiffs, it really actually helps Peytons's cause IMO.  For instance, King simply ignored all the other items in 1996 (because he was unaware of them I am sure) to focus on just one of the items in her complaint while, though in 1996 was probably the one that got the most publicity, was not even viewed as the most serious at the time.  If anything, the comment by Fulmer was considered more serious or just the general atmosphere she described (which, after all, IS A LOCKER ROOM!  Lmao).  The Peyton incident was considered comical and embarassing but not even remotely criminal.

But it was all over the media for months and months, and people remembered it years later.  Circa 2008, a bammer fan mentioned in at a local bar and hostilities almost commenced.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2016, 02:01:17 EST »

But it was all over the media for months and months, and people remembered it years later.  Circa 2008, a bammer fan mentioned in at a local bar and hostilities almost commenced.   

To be specific, he said the NCAA didn't do anything about Fulmer sexually harassing the trainer.  I could have pointed out that whatever happened was never determined to be sexual harassment, but instead I went for the low hanging fruit of pointing out that it was literally A FEDERAL LAWSUIT, and that, while the NCAA has a weak jurisdiction (they can't file subpoenas or compel witnesses to testify, etc) over cheating in recruiting, they DO NOT ENFORCE FEDERAL LAW.  I think the words "typical dumbass bama fan" also came out of my mouth.   

He didn't respond much, fortunately, but that might have been because most of the crowd was Auburn fans.     I do know how to pick my battles occasionally.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: