VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 08:12:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you gamers are playing The Division?  (Read 9524 times)
Creek Walker
« on: March 31, 2016, 03:51:09 EDT »

I've been into it about a week and I'm loving it. One of the best first-person shooters I've ever played. I don't recall who posted the trailer here but that's what got me interested in it. I'm generally not big on first-person shooters but this one is well done. It's designed to play with friends (or random people) but I'm going solo. One of the harder games to master that I've played in a while, too.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:14:02 EDT »

A friend showed me the trailer on his phone and it looked impressive.  Gonna have to check it out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:27:19 EDT »

It looks good, but I probably won't get it anytime soon.  FPS's just aren't my bag. 

The next games on my radar are Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky.

VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 07:05:04 EDT »

That's good to hear.  I posted that video and was fired up, but reviews have been awful.  Gotta say, Fallout 4 bores me to tears... Witcher 3 as well, very disappointed.  The new Tomb Raider, otoh, is incredible.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 07:12:50 EDT »

That's good to hear.  I posted that video and was fired up, but reviews have been awful.  Gotta say, Fallout 4 bores me to tears... Witcher 3 as well, very disappointed.  The new Tomb Raider, otoh, is incredible.

I have learned not to read reviews.  But I like it. The world is probably the best I've seen outside a Rockstar game. I've read some say that it's too repetitive, but I like that you actually have to work to make progress rather than just walking up and killing someone. To this day, The Last of Us is one of my favorite games but in a way it's boring because you just push the button and your gun automatically aims at your target. The only way you fail is if there are multiple enemies and they overwhelm you. The Division has its flaws...but overall it's an intriguing 3rd person shooter, and I'm normally not into those at all, except COD just for the online play. And there are a lot of elements of The Division's warfare mechanics that I wish COD would adopt.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 07:19:29 EDT »

That's good to hear.  I posted that video and was fired up, but reviews have been awful.  Gotta say, Fallout 4 bores me to tears... Witcher 3 as well, very disappointed.  The new Tomb Raider, otoh, is incredible.

I feel the same way about Fallout 4, and I thought I was the only one!  

I got the Uncharted PS4 bundle from Best Buy last year and at the time they were running a promotion where you got Fallout 4 for free.  I'd never played any of the Fallout titles but I figured "it's got to be popular for a reason".  A guy at work I talk games with a bunch pretty much bought a PS4 just for Fallout 4, he's such a big fan, so I figured I would just have to like it.  I tried, I just couldn't get into it.  He plays it nonstop, but I just stopped playing pretty early on in the game.  I appreciate its level of detail and how thorough all the options are in the game but I just couldn't stay with it.

Anyone who's a Playstation Plus member, did you grab March's free game "Broforce"?  Actually a very fun game!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 07:43:11 EDT »

BTW, I read last week that Rockstar already has GTA 6 in development.  While that's good news, I really hope they get that next RDR game out first.  It's been 6 damn years now.  We're due.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 07:55:40 EDT »

I feel the same way about Fallout 4, and I thought I was the only one!  

I got the Uncharted PS4 bundle from Best Buy last year and at the time they were running a promotion where you got Fallout 4 for free.  I'd never played any of the Fallout titles but I figured "it's got to be popular for a reason".  A guy at work I talk games with a bunch pretty much bought a PS4 just for Fallout 4, he's such a big fan, so I figured I would just have to like it.  I tried, I just couldn't get into it.  He plays it nonstop, but I just stopped playing pretty early on in the game.  I appreciate its level of detail and how thorough all the options are in the game but I just couldn't stay with it.

Anyone who's a Playstation Plus member, did you grab March's free game "Broforce"?  Actually a very fun game!

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I bought 4 shortly after it came out.  Played just up to the point where you meet Dogmeat for the first time, saved my game...and haven't played it since.  I'm sure I'll love it when I finally do dive in, but Bethesda games take a pretty major time commitment, and that's something I just don't have right now.

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:34:22 EDT »

BTW, I read last week that Rockstar already has GTA 6 in development.  While that's good news, I really hope they get that next RDR game out first.  It's been 6 damn years now.  We're due.

Yes. We need the RDR sequel. Must have it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 09:55:03 EDT »

Do yall anticipate getting into VR anytime soon?  The new hardware just coming out is getting some pretty strong reviews, especially the Oculus Rift.  But the Rift is for PC only, and requires a pretty hardcore gaming rig (my new Asus ROG laptop that I just got in January doesn't even meet the minimum specs).  Sony has one out for the PS4, but it requires the camera and those clumsy Move controllers, and the current selection of games is pretty weak.  I would imagine that whenever Microsoft jumps into the VR game, they will finally have found a way to put the Kinect to good use.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 12:28:33 EDT »

Yes. We need the RDR sequel. Must have it.

+1
VOLveeta
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 03:24:47 EDT »

Yep, add me to the Red Dead wait list as well.  Dang we loved that game!!!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 03:34:57 EDT »

I hear that Pong II is about ready to be released.  I'm ready.   
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 03:49:39 EDT »

I hear that Pong II is about ready to be released.  I'm ready.   

New games are coming out for the Commodore 64 soon, too. 

Yes!   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 03:57:49 EDT »

New games are coming out for the Commodore 64 soon, too. 

Yes!   

I still have one of those boxed up in a closet somewhere.
Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 05:35:59 EDT »

The old men have to show up to the discussion... 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:45 EDT »

The old men have to show up to the discussion...  

Yeah, so?  

And we aren't old, we are just heavily experienced.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44:29 EDT »

I'm one of the few 80's kids who never had a Commodore 64.  I skipped right from the Vic 20 (complete with the cassette drive) to the Atari 800XL.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 02:54:00 EDT »

If you haven't been reading about it already, here's a bit about No Man's Sky.  It sounds really huge and really ambitious, especially for an indie game.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/1/11340322/no-mans-sky-preview-ps4

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 04:05:36 EDT »

My first rig was a TRS-80. I loved that thing. I graduated to an Apple //c and had it until around 1995. All of my high school, college and some of my grad school work was done on it before plunging into the pc world. I've got a decent rig now that is been dormant for awhile...gotta prepare for Battlefield 5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: