VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:47:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, is there anything good on TV tonight?  (Read 4134 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:19:22 EDT »

I'm calling it.  LSH is happening this season.  Keep hope alive!

VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:25:11 EDT »

I didn't watch... I'm gonna try to wait till all ten are out then just binge.  When those credits roll and I know I gotta wait a week, I just wanna throw something at my screen.  I don't know if I can do this!!!   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:25:50 EDT »

I didn't watch... I'm gonna try to wait till all ten are out then just binge.  When those credits roll and I know I gotta wait a week, I just wanna throw something at my screen.  I don't know if I can do this!!!   

I can do that for some shows, but not GOT.  All my friends watch, and they'd just spoil it for me the next day anyway.

VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:26:31 EDT »

I can do that for some shows, but not GOT.  All my friends watch, and they'd just spoil it for me the next day anyway.

I know... I unfollowed a buncha folks on facebook yesterday in preparation for my unrealistic goal... if I can pull this off, by gum... I can do most anything!!!   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:18:02 EDT »

I have never watched one minute of GOT. Should I? If so, where is it available?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:27:49 EDT »

I have never watched one minute of GOT. Should I? If so, where is it available?

Depends on your taste.  I didn't think I was really a "fantasy" type of guy, but it hooked me.  The first season is a little slow, but by the end, it really grabs you.  It's on HBO, or you can buy their HBO Now app ($15/month) and get it on there.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:54:46 EDT »

Depends on your taste.  I didn't think I was really a "fantasy" type of guy, but it hooked me.  The first season is a little slow, but by the end, it really grabs you.  It's on HBO, or you can buy their HBO Now app ($15/month) and get it on there.

not on netflix or hulu , etc?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 02:04:54 EDT »

Nope.  Not at this time.  There are some older HBO shows on Amazon Prime, but they keep a tight lid on their current stuff.  Speaking of their current stuff, if you do get HBO, you should also check out "The Leftovers", "Silicon Valley" (funniest current show on TV, IMO), and "Veep". 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 12:34:48 EDT »

I was the exact same way.  When I first saw the previews of the first season I had the same thought - "Ugh, another fantasy tale cashing in on the Lord of the Rings phenomenon".  Later on out of sheer boredom, I chanced across the 4th or 5th episode of the 1st season.  It hit me like a ton of bricks - "Damn, this show rocks!".  I was able to record the first episode and couldn't believe how good the show was.  The books are great, except the 4th one is only so so.  I'm wondering if Martin has let all this success go to his head, but the last book was pretty darn good.  The tale he has told is pretty captivating.

FWIW, I just finished the second season of Bosch on Amazon, and it was amazing. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 07:40:52 EDT »

I haven't finished the fifth season yet, which HBO showed in a free preview this past weekend.  The teaser for episode one of this season is "The fate of Jon Snow".  Can't wait to finish season 5!  On Episode 6 now.  I'll get there by the weekend.

At some point I should catch up on season 4 also, but I'm not worried about that at the moment. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: