VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 10:31:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Political season  (Read 7164 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2016, 12:20:05 EDT »

Dead criminal walking vs narcissist
And no posts? 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:07:27 EDT »

It's because the choices are almost all bad....

Kasich is about the only one I can stomach, but he has little chance, unfortunately

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:30 EDT »

It's because the choices are almost all bad....

Kasich is about the only one I can stomach, but he has little chance, unfortunately
that moron thinks obamacare is a good thing! (The gov of Ohio - what is with GOP office holders from buckeye land anyway )

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:49:49 EDT »

that moron thinks obamacare is a good thing! (The gov of Ohio - what is with GOP office holders from buckeye land anyway )

Did he say that? I don't care.  I liked him on most issues, and he had a lot to do with the budget surpluses of the late 90s.  He is also someone who could unite us.

I could give a rip about Obamacare. It has hardly affected me at all.  I know it has driven up health costs for some, and I hate that for them.

But for country that rebelled from the world's greatest imperial power of the time, fought a bloody civil war over a noble cause, helped defeat the Germans in two WWs, created the nuclear bomb, landed on the moon, and faced down the Soviet Union,  the alarmism over Obamacare just makes me LOL.

Ted Cruz famously stated that it would "end the Republic" and helped shut down the government over it.  The voters have given him the answer he richly deserved.

The only response I have to the "end the Republic" statement is 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: