VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:07:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More shocking; SHOCKING! Ole Miss allegations...  (Read 3267 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2016, 04:56:24 EDT »

...their own guy throws them under the bus on draft night.  Nice.

http://deadspin.com/now-laremy-tunsils-instagram-has-posted-alleged-convers-1773740002

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:59:52 EDT »

It all appears to be unraveling for Hugh Freeze now. No way Ole Miss escapes from this without sanctions.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:00:15 EDT »

I'm stunned that Ole Miss, led by a man of God, would do such things.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:02:45 EDT »

Surely this must all be a misunderstanding.  I mean, the nation's elite football players don't need any extra enticements to flock to a garden spot like Northern Mississippi, play in front of 60,000 semi-interested fans, and wave that Rebel Flag, right?  Right?

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:43:24 EDT »

Surely this must all be a misunderstanding.  I mean, the nation's elite football players don't need any extra enticements to flock to a garden spot like Northern Mississippi, play in front of 60,000 semi-interested fans, and wave that Rebel Flag, right?  Right?

One of the most hilarious things about Tunsil. He was originally committed to UGA, but suddenly changed his mind at the last minute to OM. He was asked why, and he raved on and on about OM campus, fans at the games, etc. Problem - He hadn't been to campus yet. It was a royal screw up. They also landed Treadwell from Chicago that year, and Nkemdiche, who was a Clemson commitment for a long time.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:55:51 EDT »

It all appears to be unraveling for Hugh Freeze now. No way Ole Miss escapes from this without sanctions.

I wouldn't bet on that.  Players have publically admitted to taking extra benefits before (Rainey at UF, several bammers, even Foster at UT, though that was well beyond the statute of limitations), and the NCAA didn't lift a finger.  If their own clueless enforcement staff doesn't discover the evidence for themselves, it didn't happen in their eyes.  I expect OM to deny, deny, deny- maybe Freeze will throw an assistant under the bus, that assistant will get a show cause, and OM will skate.  Just watch.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:58:07 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 05:04:55 EDT »

I wouldn't bet on that.  Players have publically admitted to taking extra benefits before (Rainey at UF, several bammers, even Foster at UT, though that was well beyond the statute of limitations), and the NCAA didn't lift a finger.  If their own clueless enforcement staff doesn't discover the evidence for themselves, it didn't happen in their eyes.  I expect OM to deny, deny, deny- maybe Freeze will throw an assistant under the bus, that assistant will get a show cause, and OM will skate.  Just watch.

But - there is more evidence here, including recorded conversations about paying bills etc. This is going to get interesting.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 10:00:56 EDT »

Dolphins were to hold an introductory presser for Tunsil just now, but he had to cancel because of an "allergic reaction".  Uh huh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: