VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:05:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I find interesting about this Tunsil situation....  (Read 1603 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:35:43 EDT »

Since his big gaffe Firday night, he's now had two more opportunities to meet the media and walk back his admission to being paid at Ole Miss.  After a few minutes of "coaching" by his handlers, he could've come back out and said that he misspoke, he misunderstood the question and/or he didn't know what he was replying to.  No one would've believed him, but it would've at least been plausible.  The questions were coming at him fast and fuious, and it was pretty obvious that he's never dealt with a throng of media that large before.  He had the same opportunity yesterday in Miami, but refused to talk about anything at OM. 

I just found that interesting.  Usually when an athlete or celebrity steps in it like that, they take it back almost immediately (Donald Trump notwithstanding).  But Tunsil's statement has been marinating for 48 hours now, and there appears to be no recant forthcoming.  Much to OM and Hugh Freeze's chagrin, I'm sure.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:47:29 EDT »

Some of the sports talking heads are acting like Tunsil should be treated like a wife-beater and kept out of the NFL. Others are "Meh". The best comment I heard from one was it appears when asked a direct question, he answers with the truth and does not lie. This talking head condemned an ESPN commentator for acting like Tunsil should have lied to help Ole Miss save face.

My reaction is Tunsil will answer questions honestly without any sugarcoating. I credit a good momma for teaching her child not to lie.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:56:59 EDT »

Some of the sports talking heads are acting like Tunsil should be treated like a wife-beater and kept out of the NFL. Others are "Meh". The best comment I heard from one was it appears when asked a direct question, he answers with the truth and does not lie. This talking head condemned an ESPN commentator for acting like Tunsil should have lied to help Ole Miss save face.

My reaction is Tunsil will answer questions honestly without any sugarcoating. I credit a good momma for teaching her child not to lie.
Though admitting to apparently receiving illegal benefits throw the right reveraaaand Hugh ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:57 EDT »

What I found funny was when team after team were passing on Tunsil and Saint Freeze gets on national TV and tells the nation all is well and there is a bigger plan for Tunsil. Little did Saint Freeze know that less than 2 hours later the plan was for Tunsil to throw him and Ole Miss under the bus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: