VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 01:21:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braves fire Gonzalez......  (Read 1838 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:08:34 EDT »

I have sent my resume'.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:33:28 EDT »

They should bring Ted out of "retirement"
With the lack of talent on the field at least there would be "some" entertainment value ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:43:52 EDT »

Since the Braves have the worst talent on any MLB roster, I do not understand how he made it this long. The owners (or lack of true ownership) is the problem with the Braves because they did not provide the talent that would allow any manager to succeed. You cannot even say wait until next year because no amount of experience can overcome their hitting and pitching woes. If I were Gonzalez, I would be relieved to be away from the Braves. Gets his money without putting up with players that just cannot get it done.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:58:26 EDT »

Since the Braves have the worst talent on any MLB roster, I do not understand how he made it this long. The owners (or lack of true ownership) is the problem with the Braves because they did not provide the talent that would allow any manager to succeed. You cannot even say wait until next year because no amount of experience can overcome their hitting and pitching woes. If I were Gonzalez, I would be relieved to be away from the Braves. Gets his money without putting up with players that just cannot get it done.

If it were based solely on this season, I would agree.  But Fredi has been the Braves' manager since 2011.  Three years ago, he had a recent all-star at every position.  With or without a talented roster, he's proven not to be up to the task.  No, he really didn't have a chance THIS season.  But frankly, he should have been canned a long time ago.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: