VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:57:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found my notes after reviewing the BG game last year  (Read 980 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:23 EDT »

o   Safeties were not involved in the passing game hardly at all. Berry was very tentative in all phases and I think Randolph gravitates towards the LOS to help in the run game. Biggest disappointment was Berry. Just playing too slow, hopefully just a matter of time before he finds himself.
o   Really poor discipline from the DL at times on the zone read. We had figured some things out in the secondary in the 2nd half, and then Johnson takes BG on a long TD drive with his legs.
o   Jumper is not dynamic enough. It's very simple, they need to get Kirkland ready mentally as fast as possible. CJ got basically all of the snaps after the first TD drive (where DK was out there and there were some assignment issues). Neither of them (this year) are going to be close to what AJ gave us last year though.
o   I take back what I said yesterday. I think the dime might be viable especially if we have Kelly full strength and can get Martin out there. We have longer-term (talent) issues at linebacker whereas what I saw from the secondary I think can be corrected with the right adjustments.
o   DL has to show up for OU. Basically a non-factor in the passing game. Dynamic play there could have changed everything considering BG was 6-for-freaking-12 on 9 routes.
o   Nobody is really capable of erasing other guys' mistakes. Maybe Randolph in the running game, sometimes. Have to be a sound team as this is a limitation.

Randolph playing LB was a Janceck specialty (Oregon KILLED us because of that in Jones' first year)

Until late in the 3rd we rarely, if ever, played with two safeties deep in that game

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: