VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 10:01:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol is officially a sellout...  (Read 1974 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:15:34 EDT »

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/columnists/mike-strange/demand-for-battle-at-bristol-exceeds-expectations-32fc43ed-c164-3e10-e053-0100007fadca-379882601.html?d=mobile

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:28:25 EDT »

Good for both schools.  Hope the event lives up to its billing. 

That said, I will enjoy watching comfortably from my recliner on the big screen.  The game will be fun, but getting out of there after the game won't be.  I've been to a couple of Bristol night races where I didn't get back to Knoxville until 8 AM after sitting in traffic for 5 or 6 hours just getting to I-81. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 05:22:35 EDT »

Good for both schools.  Hope the event lives up to its billing. 

That said, I will enjoy watching comfortably from my recliner on the big screen.  The game will be fun, but getting out of there after the game won't be.  I've been to a couple of Bristol night races where I didn't get back to Knoxville until 8 AM after sitting in traffic for 5 or 6 hours just getting to I-81. 

This is the primary reason I'm not going as well.  Memories of getting out of there after a night race is enough of a motivator for me to watch from the comfort of the recliner.  And those are race fans, folks who are used to the Bristol experience.  There will be a lot more people at this thing who've never been to BMS and it will be chaos.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:13:41 EDT »

Wonder if binocular sales will skyrocket?

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: