VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:54:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knox area VTTWers: late summer / fall camp Happy Hour?  (Read 16940 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2016, 06:38:44 EDT »

MIAUTiger and I discussed the possibility of having a beverage sometime later this this summer and thought we could extend the invite and make it a thing if people were interested. Obviously if any of you outside the area will be in town later this summer and are interested, let us know that too . . . that may help us zero in on a date. My inclination is to shoot for a Friday afternoon/evening happy hour but I'm somewhat flexible and he may be as well.

He's put the last week in June and the first week in August out there as potential early dates but I'm thinking later in August might end up being the target. Who's up for this? Give me some input on timing if you are.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 07:52:46 EDT »

Well, if the hussy's are to be included in this event.....late August would work best for me....my summer is crazy with grandkid stuff!  :) 

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:11:23 EDT »

Well, if the hussy's are to be included in this event.....late August would work best for me....my summer is crazy with grandkid stuff!  :) 

Hussys are of course invited!

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 08:44:10 EDT »

Hope a few of y'all can make it. As CO, said, late August may be the best time. Anyone and everyone welcomed. If it'll help, I'll buy the first round, as long as the words 'Bud' and 'Light' are in the type of beer 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 03:26:26 EDT »

I always try to make it up there a few weeks before the season starts to shop the local stores for new Vols gear.  So whatever day you guys decide, let me know and I'll try to get up there.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 07:05:38 EDT »

I'm interested. I live in Morristown, so any date should work for me.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:30:01 EDT »

I may be on my way to Chattanooga or back around that time.  Tentatively planning to be in Chattanooga the week of August 28- September to or so.  So keep me posted

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 02:00:27 EDT »

I live i Knoxville, retired, and it involves drinking a few, count me in. I really do not have anything planned until Sept (Yellowstone NP trip). And just back from Maine (the fresh lobster was GOOD). So give me a time and place and I will plan around it.

But I will not be drinking a Lite or Light beer. I like my beer like my women; dark and bitter.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:39:58 EDT »

I like my beer like my women; dark and bitter.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 08:23:06 EDT »

Clockwork let me explain. My wife's view toward life was almost as dark and jaded as mine still is. When I would make that statement, she would look exasperated, look down, and loudly proclaim she was never bitter until she met me. I would reply Well I had hair when we meet.    We lived together 41 years of which we were married 37 years. She died in September last year. My wife had the best sense of humor and about the driest wit of anyone I ever met. But sometimes, the looks on the waitstaff when I order beer is priceless. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 02:16:37 EDT »

Clockwork let me explain. My wife's view toward life was almost as dark and jaded as mine still is. When I would make that statement, she would look exasperated, look down, and loudly proclaim she was never bitter until she met me. I would reply Well I had hair when we meet.    We lived together 41 years of which we were married 37 years. She died in September last year. My wife had the best sense of humor and about the driest wit of anyone I ever met. But sometimes, the looks on the waitstaff when I order beer is priceless. 

Good story....Sounds like you were blessed for many years to be with her. Hope things get just a tad better for you each day.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 06:08:56 EDT »

So, given all the replies, how would the evening of Thursday, September 1st work for everyone? Happy Hour somewhere, starting around 4 and lasting until we have convinced Jethro to pay for the entire tab? How does that sound to everyone?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 07:43:31 EDT »

So, given all the replies, how would the evening of Thursday, September 1st work for everyone? Happy Hour somewhere, starting around 4 and lasting until we have convinced Jethro to pay for the entire tab? How does that sound to everyone?

Uh, we have a game that night.  ALL of us.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:15 EDT »

Oh crap. I forgot they moved that to a Thursday night. Ok...how about that Wednesday, August 31st at the same time? Or would that Friday, September 2nd at 4pm work? By Friday, I will be willing to drink a few so I can already forget about Klempson beating the crap out of us the next day.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 08:30:59 EDT »

Oh crap. I forgot they moved that to a Thursday night. Ok...how about that Wednesday, August 31st at the same time? Or would that Friday, September 2nd at 4pm work? By Friday, I will be willing to drink a few so I can already forget about Klempson beating the crap out of us the next day.

Friday would work best for me.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 03:28:42 EDT »

Pick a day. I can make any day (almost) work. Friday would be ideal since I just planned something for Saturday. The absolute beauty and joy of retirement.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 02:50:57 EDT »

Friday, September 2nd at 4pm. Suggestions on location? There are any number of Casual Pints around the area that has great beer selection. Or any area bars.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:16 EDT »

I frequent the Hardin Valley Casual Pint. It has an events room. Beer selection is varied. No food, but we could talk about catering if people need food.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 04:53:15 EDT »

Friday works better for me since I have to drive up from GA!  :)

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 04:00:30 EDT »

OK: Friday, September 2nd at 4pm at the Hardin Valley Casual Pint [/url](http://hardin-valley.thecasualpint.com/) . If this works out, I can call ahead to see if we can get the bigger room and possibly arrange for some food to be brought in. We can stay until they kick us out or the first one passes out, whichever comes first.

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 09:32:42 EDT »

OK: Friday, September 2nd at 4pm at the Hardin Valley Casual Pint [/url](http://hardin-valley.thecasualpint.com/) . If this works out, I can call ahead to see if we can get the bigger room and possibly arrange for some food to be brought in. We can stay until they kick us out or the first one passes out, whichever comes first.

That sounds good to me.  I will have to find a cheap hotel in the area as I won't be making the trip all the way back to Mebane that night.  There's a Candlewood Suites near the interstate that doesn't look too funky.  I'm open to any other suggestions.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:36 EDT »

maiutiger, this is fine with me. I am usually at that Casual Pint between 5:00 to 5:30 every Friday. Once a head count is done, I think Sweet P's would be ideal and I can help pay some. I may be retired, but I'm not poor (yet).
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 02:32:28 EDT »

I will probably be there. There are some things hitting labor day weekend that may take me out of town that Friday but if not I'll definitely attend. 

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 09:11:13 EDT »

So...bringing this back to the top. We seem to have anywhere from 6 - 8 that could make it that Friday, September 2nd from 4pm - ?? at the Casual Pint Hardin Valley here in Knoxville.. I checked with Casual Pint and it is $35/hour to reserve the big room. Plus, any other costs if we bring in any food to have for dinner. Everyone still interested? If so, I'd be more than happy to call Casual Pint and book that room ahead of time.

Everyone still interested?

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 10:37:23 EDT »

I am still interested. I could pay for 1 hour if needed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: