VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 04:35:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat's gone. Gonna be a rough few days in Big Orange Country.  (Read 6099 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:13:26 EDT »

Best there ever was.  RIP, Coach.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:24:23 EDT »

The absolute best, period. dot.
Rest in Peace Pat

Our coach
Our Friend
Our Family

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 02:04:54 EDT »

What a sad day, that's horrible news :(

11B4PJ3F7
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:04 EDT »

Have been in tears all morning....been watching Robin Roberts honor and celebrate Pat.    I take peace in knowing that she is whole again and no longer suffering from this horrible disease.  My daddy suffered from dementia....he always loved Pat, so hoping he was there waiting on her with all the other Lady Vol fans when she got to Heaven!  RIP Pat -- you are the greatest.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 02:33:41 EDT »

Even though we knew it was coming, hearing the news takes your breath away.  I can't believe she's gone. 
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 02:48:44 EDT »

Indeed it will be. You certainly didn't have to be a VFL or UT supporter to appreciate and admire Coach Summitt. Having three girls who plays sports, I can appreciate the impact she had on putting a focus and importance on girls sports. To coach with the intensity she did and still have her players and coaches lover her and keep a relationship with her beyond their time at UT speaks volumes of not only her priorities, but her insistence that everyone do everything with excellence. I think she could be considered to be in the top 3 all time of being able to get the absolute best out of her players. She always made people better. R.I.P. Coach.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 02:54:54 EDT »

RIP......Coach!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 03:06:25 EDT »

What's really weird about this is that I have a lady friend who was a HS basketball coach for a long time that followed Pat closely and even traveled to Tennessee games in spite of not being an alum or even fan of Tennessee in general.  I saw her at church Sunday morning and just randomly asked if she was still following Pat closely and she said not really, but had heard Pat was admitted to a hospice.   Apparently Pat got a lot worse right about the time we were discussing her.   

It's a very sad day for the Tennessee family.  Thank you for all you did Pat, we will never forget you.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 04:50:53 EDT »

R.I.P. Coach!  Tell dad hello for me!
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 05:29:23 EDT »

Ugh... this hit really hard.  God Bless her... we were SO blessed by her.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 05:59:21 EDT »

So sorry guys. Knew of situation from threads on our Bama boards. Yes, God bless her.

BG
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:32 EDT »

How good was Pat? Just ask her opponents. Saw Swin Cash being interviewed in tears. She said the hardest thing she ever done was call Pat and tell her she wasn't coming to UT. She kept in contact with Pat all the time. She said Pat would always ask about her mom and grandma. She is heartbroken too. That says it all.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 10:40:22 EDT »

Personal story I would like to share about Pat. My mom and sister used to go to all the Lady Vol home games. They would drive from Bristol to Knoxville regularly. They usually set behind bench up a few rows. My mom was diagnosed with Leukemia. The Lady Vols and Pat came out for pre-game warm-ups and Pat came up and set beside my mom. She said...I hear you haven't been feeling well. My said in her usual way...aww I'm not feeling too bad. Pat said me and my girls (team) see how much you support us so we are gonna support you. This game is for you. After the game my mom received the game ball from Pat. I have the picture of mom and Pat on my office desk. My sister has the game ball. Another good thing out of that night, the Lady Vols spanked the Irish. So I have a special place in my heart for Pat and the Lady Vols. Just a sad day for all Vol fans.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 02:31:57 EDT »

RIP Pat, the greatest ever. What a class act. She will be missed
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 02:33:30 EDT »

Personal story I would like to share about Pat. My mom and sister used to go to all the Lady Vol home games. They would drive from Bristol to Knoxville regularly. They usually set behind bench up a few rows. My mom was diagnosed with Leukemia. The Lady Vols and Pat came out for pre-game warm-ups and Pat came up and set beside my mom. She said...I hear you haven't been feeling well. My said in her usual way...aww I'm not feeling too bad. Pat said me and my girls (team) see how much you support us so we are gonna support you. This game is for you. After the game my mom received the game ball from Pat. I have the picture of mom and Pat on my office desk. My sister has the game ball. Another good thing out of that night, the Lady Vols spanked the Irish. So I have a special place in my heart for Pat and the Lady Vols. Just a sad day for all Vol fans.

That doesn't surprise me at all, she was the real deal

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 04:40:18 EDT »

That's who Pat was.....a very special person in all aspects of life.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: