VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:14:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Knoxvegas CJ Lewis  (Read 2533 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:34:17 EDT »

Dual Threat QB

*** for the star gazers

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 12:02:03 EDT »

From 247sports National Guy:

Tennessee’s depth chart at quarterback is in good shape.

Senior Joshua Dobbs is arguably the top quarterback in the SEC, and the three guys listed behind him in sophomores Quinten Dormady and Sheriron Jones and freshman Jarrett Guarantano were all touted four-star recruits.

With that, New commit CJ Lewis isn’t going to be asked to play right way.

But when his time comes, he’s got a chance to be really good.

The tools are there for the 6-foot-4, 205-pound Lewis, who out of Cheshire (Conn.) Academy, has only played quarterback on the varsity level for one season. He started at safety as a sophomore for the very good high school program.

Lewis announced his verbal to Tennessee on Saturday choosing to play in the SEC over offers from the likes of Boston College and Connecticut.

Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and the Vols staff has had Lewis on the radar for months. DeBord went and saw him at the school during the evaluation period and had him in camp in June where Lewis ran 4.5 in the 40-yard dash. DeBord and company are only taking plus-athletes at the quarterback position and Lewis certainly fits that mold. That’s great speed for the size Lewis will bring under center.

At the New Jersey Nike Football The Opening Regional I thought Lewis flashed a bunch with his arm strength, a fluid athlete that can throw on the move and just flick it with nice velocity on intermediate routes. And in addition to his legs, no question the strength of Lewis’s game is chucking it downfield with accuracy.

“He can throw the deep ball as well as anyone I’ve seen,” Cheshire Academy coach Dave Dykeman said.

Ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 17 dual-threat quarterback, Lewis checks all the boxes, from a size, strength and arm talent standpoint. Becoming more consistent is going to be the deal with Lewis but if it all comes together in Knoxville, Butch Jones and company got their guy Saturday when talking several years down the road.

“I think Tennessee is getting an unbelievable athlete,” Dykeman said. “His upside is ridiculous. He’s athletic. He can do a lot of things. His future is very bright.”
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:55:10 EDT »

Always good to beat out the likes of Boston College and UConn.

Errr....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:07:25 EDT »

Always good to beat out the likes of Boston College and UConn.

Errr....
Same type of QB as Dobbs, with a better arm

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 03:37:38 EDT »

Same type of QB as Dobbs, with a better arm

Agree PV....A QB with Dobbs running ability and a better arm could be lethal in this offense...a DC's nightmare. I'm hoping Gitmo has that ability too.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:08:35 EDT »

Hmm.  I know Dobbs isn't the greatest passer in the world, but...

Before I start favorably comparing a relative unknown recruit from the football hotbed of Connecticut to a four year starter in the SEC, who's being mentioned as a darkhorse Heisman contender this year, I'm going to need to see it with my own eyes.

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:10 EDT »

Hmm.  I know Dobbs isn't the greatest passer in the world, but...

Before I start favorably comparing a relative unknown recruit from the football hotbed of Connecticut to a four year starter in the SEC, who's being mentioned as a darkhorse Heisman contender this year, I'm going to need to see it with my own eyes.

You are such as skeptic, BDV.    Here, have some kool-aid 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: