VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 07:19:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are 37-38 in this decade  (Read 1512 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:02:55 EDT »

Hard to believe, even knowing how beat down we have been since 2008.   So the game with Appy State takes on very slightly more significance.  We can even our decadal record at the start of this season.  It's a sign...the first step on a break through season.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:28:29 EDT »

What I want to know is this the year we beat UF? Somebody let me know why they have such a streak against us. I know a few of those Vols teams that lost were better than they were. Like last year. What happened?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:48:36 EDT »

What I want to know is this the year we beat UF? Somebody let me know why they have such a streak against us. I know a few of those Vols teams that lost were better than they were. Like last year. What happened?

I was one of the few last year that said losing to UF would not make or break the season (though I did expect to win, and was terribly disappointed we did not).

Well no more.  We ABSOLUTELY have to beat them, and honestly if we don't blow them out it will still be a bit disappointing.  There are now ZERO excuses.

The only way Butch could make up for a loss to UF is to beat bammer later in the year, but it should never come to that.  We have an overwhelming edge this year, and I have never said that about UF, not even in the early 90s.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: