VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:26:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how many of you hillbillies are going to the Battle at Bristol?  (Read 3487 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:14:07 EDT »

Staying all day there? Is Emeril setting up a tailgate there?

Bammer suxes! That is all!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:13:11 EDT »

Staying all day there? Is Emeril setting up a tailgate there?
you went to school where boy?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:16:46 EDT »

you went to school where boy?

Hehe...I was hoping to bait some of y'all. I do plan on going as of now. Got two tix and hope to be there the majority of that Saturday. I'm as interested in seeing the game on the large screen suspended in the middle of the track as I am to be there. It'll be interesting.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 02:39:24 EDT »

Hehe...I was hoping to bait some of y'all. I do plan on going as of now. Got two tix and hope to be there the majority of that Saturday. I'm as interested in seeing the game on the large screen suspended in the middle of the track as I am to be there. It'll be interesting.

Be sure to take your high powered field glasses.  You'll need them, no matter where you are sitting.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 05:17:27 EDT »

My experience at some Bristol races has really made me reluctant to go.   Too much traffic.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:04:20 EDT »

Judging on the tickets I've been offered, I'm thinking there are several who are having second thoughts. The experience would be neat but I'm watching this one from home, if for no other reason than what Vinnie mentioned (traffic).
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 07:47:36 EDT »

Judging on the tickets I've been offered, I'm thinking there are several who are having second thoughts. The experience would be neat but I'm watching this one from home, if for no other reason than what Vinnie mentioned (traffic).

One of the main reasons I am going is I have a couple of seats on a chartered bus there and back. I can at least catch some ZZZs in the line to get out. I've also been to Bristol races and traffic is nightmarish at best. So, I would understand anyone not going because of that. Most of who I know are going will be camping Friday and Saturday nights to avoid the imminent traffic mess.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 01:37:26 EDT »

One of the main reasons I am going is I have a couple of seats on a chartered bus there and back. I can at least catch some ZZZs in the line to get out. I've also been to Bristol races and traffic is nightmarish at best. So, I would understand anyone not going because of that. Most of who I know are going will be camping Friday and Saturday nights to avoid the imminent traffic mess.

That's about the only way I would go, MT.  Just way too much mess and potential trouble for me. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:27:44 EDT »

Hope you have a great time!   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 02:36:44 EDT »

I actually looked into one of those bus trips.  But the one I found that runs from Chattanooga won't go unless they can fill a bus.  And they were still showing 23 seats short when I looked last week.  I didn't want to risk buying a ticket and having them call it off at the last minute.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: