VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:14:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And just like that, a possible NFL career is flushed down the drain  (Read 2368 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:13:07 EDT »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/2016/08/15/appelate-brief-university-tennessee-rape-case-attacks-accusers-credibility/88803232/

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:33:42 EDT »

Whoa, BDV - that's a brief filed by Johnson's attorneys.  It may be turn out to be accurate, but it's not fact yet. 

Remember the saying about their being two sides to every story and that the truth normally lies somewhere in the middle? 

Patience, Grasshopper.  Let's let this one play out before passing judgment. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 02:21:26 EDT »

Whoa, BDV - that's a brief filed by Johnson's attorneys.  It may be turn out to be accurate, but it's not fact yet. 

Remember the saying about their being two sides to every story and that the truth normally lies somewhere in the middle? 

Patience, Grasshopper.  Let's let this one play out before passing judgment. 

I know what it is.  My question is, how could any judge without an agenda suppress that evidence?  How are you supposed to defend yourself? 

The pair's trials have been put on hold, however, as defense teams for both challenge on appeal a ruling by Knox County Criminal Court Judge Bob McGee that blocked the ex-players from obtaining from witnesses, including the accuser, the contents of their digital communications, including social media messages, before, during and after the party.

Recall that without similar evidence, the Duke Lacrosse team would be rotting in jail right now.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:32:46 EDT »

I know what it is.  My question is, how could any judge without an agenda suppress that evidence?  How are you supposed to defend yourself? 

The pair's trials have been put on hold, however, as defense teams for both challenge on appeal a ruling by Knox County Criminal Court Judge Bob McGee that blocked the ex-players from obtaining from witnesses, including the accuser, the contents of their digital communications, including social media messages, before, during and after the party.

Recall that without similar evidence, the Duke Lacrosse team would be rotting in jail right now.

That judge's ruling has befuddled me all along. I just don't understand it. I'm not an attorney, obviously, but to me it's a no-brainer.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:54:47 EDT »

I absolutely think the judge is wrong not to allow that evidence - it may clear up a lot of things just from that night....but even if she was having casual sex/relationship with AJ all along, one time of saying NO constitutes rape if he fails to stop...... and until the men in this world understand that, there will continue to be those that want to blame the victim.   I know there are false claims....and this may turn out to be one....but just because they had a relationship does NOT mean he didn't rape her.   Women have to be taken seriously, as in this case, until evidence shows otherwise......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: