VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:59:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dansby Swanson to be in the lineup for the Bravos tonight  (Read 1145 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2016, 03:50:10 EDT »

Yeah, I know he is a commode door, but I really like this kid.  He is humble, appreciative of his opportunity, and he is one heck of a prospect. 

I saw him play a couple of weeks back for the M-Braves against the Smokies.  Defensively he is ready.  Don't know if he is ready to hit big league pitching yet, but I am glad they are putting him in the lineup and letting him get PT in The Show.  The night I saw him he was 3-4 with two doubles, including one off the centerfield wall, and another down the right field line. 

The kid reminds me a lot of former Padre Kahlil Green, who despite his rat bastard tiglet ties was a heck of a player.  If Swanson can have Green like success, I will be good with it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:45:07 EDT »

I'm excited to see Swanson play, but I kinda wish they could have kept him down until A. The big-league club is at least semi-competitive, and/or B. he's better prepared for this level (per all reports, Albies is the more MLB-ready prospect at this point.  The fact that they didn't call him up instead pretty much confirms that he's ticketed for 2B).  Plus, I don't see the sense in starting his arbitration clock this early.  But what's done is done.  Let's see what he can do.

BTW, what are your feelings on the managerial search?  I'm beginning to think they should leave Snitker in the role for a couple years.  Since he has so much experience in the minors, he's used to being more of a developmental guy.  And with all these young players coming up, the Braves are definitely going to be in a developmental phase for a little while.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:49:27 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 04:48:06 EDT »

Agree on Snitker.  Not sure a "name" manager could do any better than he can over the next 2-3 years.  Plus he is a guy the players in the organization who will be coming up know and trust. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: