VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 03:17:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appy State has a good OL. Did you see this?  (Read 2216 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:32:18 EDT »

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-top-10-offensive-lines-in-notre-dame-stanford/?utm_content=bufferea536&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 06:31:09 EDT »

I saw this posted on another site 3 weeks ago.....While I take nothing away from what they accomplished but after looking at their 2015 schedule they didn't line up against anything close to a Power 5 school except their 2nd game of the season when they played Clemson who beat them 41-10.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/sun-belt/2015-appalachian-state-mountaineers-football-schedule.php
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:11:57 EDT »

Advanced stats say they were pretty good in 2015 for what they are-- a solid mid major.

Fremeau Efficiency Index: 44th (40th offense, 19th defense, 52nd special teams)

S&P+: 43rd (46th offense, 41st defense)

As to the specific comment on their OL, they were 28th in adjusted line yards, 86th in power success rate, 65th in stuff rate, and 26th in adjusted sack rate. So . . . not terrible but not great. Also they return 64 starts on the OL, which is middle of the pack in the nation in experience.

Bottom line: I'm not seeing their OL being of particular concern.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:12:54 EDT »

Advanced stats say they were pretty good in 2015 for what they are-- a solid mid major.

Fremeau Efficiency Index: 44th (40th offense, 19th defense, 52nd special teams)

S&P+: 43rd (46th offense, 41st defense)

As to the specific comment on their OL, they were 28th in adjusted line yards, 86th in power success rate, 65th in stuff rate, and 26th in adjusted sack rate. So . . . not terrible but not great. Also they return 64 starts on the OL, which is middle of the pack in the nation in experience.

Bottom line: I'm not seeing their OL being of particular concern.

I havent even studied our opponents' OLs that closely, but I feel pretty confident in saying that we'll see at least a half-dozen that are better than App State's this year.

I mean, Bammer isn't even on that list.  Does anyone really believe that their line is inferior to App State?

(You know, all the constant holding aside )
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:18:06 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: