VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:24:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's at this time of year that I get a little nostalgic...........  (Read 6503 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:34:46 EDT »

I remember some of the good regular posters and wonder where they went.

For example: YouTee, Volopciraptor, Live to Ride, AtlantaVol, Darth Vaul, All American Vol, Dubai Vol, Single Wing, Volly Parton, GreatVolsFan, BamaPerry and JoeVols.  (OK, just kidding about those last two but they did add a certain flair to the board.)

Also, BarbiVol and VoLynteer, although I see them regularly on FaceBook, a/k/a The Devil.

I probably have left some out, so my apologies to them.

I realize that in the early days of the board, the internet and message boards were new and people posted frequently. Then, people found other things to do and other places to converse such as FaceBook, a/k/a The Devil, and The Twit. And the Vols football team wasn't good and people lost their enthusiasm. Also, life gets in the way and people don't have time to post.

But, I still wonder where these people went.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:48:34 EDT »

My main board is Outermonvolia and has been for several years...... AtlantaVol is on there daily (if it's the same AV you are talking about) Most of us migrated there from the old VolChat days after the wars of the Pro-Fulmer, Anti-Fulmer days. VolChat is a shell of it's former self. I remember the days if you started a thread over there and it wasn't considered HOT....that thread would be buried on page 3 in 4-5 hours because of the volume there.

I prefer the smaller boards.....the boards like VQ and VN that have 400 relies to a thread makes my head spin....and hurt.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:00:35 EDT »

My main board is Outermonvolia and has been for several years...... AtlantaVol is on there daily (if it's the same AV you are talking about) Most of us migrated there from the old VolChat days after the wars of the Pro-Fulmer, Anti-Fulmer days. VolChat is a shell of it's former self. I remember the days if you started a thread over there and it wasn't considered HOT....that thread would be buried on page 3 in 4-5 hours because of the volume there.

I prefer the smaller boards.....the boards like VQ and VN that have 400 relies to a thread makes my head spin....and hurt.

Different AV on that board

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 06:04:12 EDT »

Pirate....probably a good thing. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:09:35 EDT »

BamaPerry has been promoted to Head Cabana Boy at the place he went to work at down in the Redneck Rivera. 

JoeVols still posts on occasion at a couple of forums. 

I saw YouTee a few years back. He was doing well at that time. 

Single Wing was assigned to the Clinton Library in Little Rock when it opened. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:13:12 EDT »

Pirate....probably a good thing. 
A lot of the posters on outermoronville migrated from the old Gridscape when they got tired of dumping on Vol12.  That AV was one of them

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 07:25:54 EDT »

This is only the fourth UT forum I've ever had an account on. One of them was Volnation, just so I could see the pictures -- I've never posted there (and never will). One of them is VQ -- I'm only there for the info and have never posted there either. I came here from utvols.com back in the day. Sometimes I miss when message boards were IT. These social media things always seem to go in cycles. I can't wait until Facebook's cycle comes to an end. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 08:03:17 EDT »

A lot of the posters on outermoronville migrated from the old Gridscape when they got tired of dumping on Vol12.  That AV was one of them

I know....I'm one of them. Had many a board fights with Vol12...roadVol...etc. I got post reviewed more than once there but never banned. Several did however and Volchat lost a lot of good, knowledgeable posters. It's why there's not much action there anymore. Even the pay site is pretty slow. I like the basketball board there though.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 10:00:06 EDT »

I know....I'm one of them. Had many a board fights with Vol12...roadVol...etc. I got post reviewed more than once there but never banned. Several did however and Volchat lost a lot of good, knowledgeable posters. It's why there's not much action there anymore. Even the pay site is pretty slow. I like the basketball board there though.
If Maria is still involved on the LV side that piece would be worth it.  I enjoyed interacting with her on LV and other topics.

I haven't visited GS in like forever

I stay off the cesspit that is VN and tolerate VQ only for the staff

I was a member of 247 but IMO that was a waste of $$ and I don't think JB can save it 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 10:30:51 EDT »

I remember some of the good regular posters and wonder where they went.

For example: YouTee, Volopciraptor, Live to Ride, AtlantaVol, Darth Vaul, All American Vol, Dubai Vol, Single Wing, Volly Parton, GreatVolsFan, BamaPerry and JoeVols.  (OK, just kidding about those last two but they did add a certain flair to the board.)

Also, BarbiVol and VoLynteer, although I see them regularly on FaceBook, a/k/a The Devil.

I probably have left some out, so my apologies to them.

I realize that in the early days of the board, the internet and message boards were new and people posted frequently. Then, people found other things to do and other places to converse such as FaceBook, a/k/a The Devil, and The Twit. And the Vols football team wasn't good and people lost their enthusiasm. Also, life gets in the way and people don't have time to post.

But, I still wonder where these people went.

While looking for another former poster (the DJ/music Director) from the trick ties area who's infant son beat cancer and who far out kicked his coverage) I noted that droner's liver has departed us

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 01:48:19 EDT »

While looking for another former poster (the DJ/music Director) from the trick ties area who's infant son beat cancer and who far out kicked his coverage) I noted that droner's liver has departed us

droner's liver is not even a registered member of the board. Apparently he didn't survive the change of boards.

He was on his last legs anyway. RIP
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 03:23:15 EDT »

If Maria is still involved on the LV side that piece would be worth it.  I enjoyed interacting with her on LV and other topics.

I haven't visited GS in like forever

I stay off the cesspit that is VN and tolerate VQ only for the staff

I was a member of 247 but IMO that was a waste of $$ and I don't think JB can save it  

The only reason I go to VN is for the Lady VOLs board....The best site I've found for LV discussion and info. Much better than Maria's board by a longshot IMO. They went to a pay site a couple of years ago....over there if you didn't carry the water of all things Lady VOLs your butt was gone in a nano second.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 04:30:58 EDT »

I post on Volnation, but mostly during the season and as time allows.  Posting over there, and then keeping up with it, is hard work!  The sheer volume makes it pretty much impossible to track a thread more than a day or so. 

I have seen JoeVols over there and he even confirmed it was him to me in a post one time.

I see Nut over there also...speaking of posters that aren't around? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:35 EDT »

droner's liver is not even a registered member of the board. Apparently he didn't survive the change of boards.

He was on his last legs anyway. RIP

His Icon lives on in certain poster's laptops though....   
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 01:49:19 EDT »

That's a pretty comprehensive list. I would add BayVol & Crockett to it too

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 04:37:49 EDT »

I remember being on this board in the late 90's. My email was with AOL and dial up was all we had. I was stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. That was when the Vols played the Huskers and got our butts handed to us. Then they did it again a year or two later. Omaha was a tough place to be a Vols fan back then. Hard to believe how much both of those programs have changed and not for the better. I do think the 24/7 access to social media has had a big part in the slide both have taken. Now recruits can see all the good and bad in an instant. We really don't know how much boards like this effect recruiting. Especially when we are always bad-mouthing the coaches and administration. Fans haven't been easy on Hart, Cheek, Hamilton and other admins.

volsboyinsodak
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 06:18:51 EDT »

This is only board on which I post. I visit VN to check for news, but in addition to their fantastic posters, many aren't launching rockets.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 04:02:28 EDT »

I remember being on this board in the late 90's. My email was with AOL and dial up was all we had. I was stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. That was when the Vols played the Huskers and got our butts handed to us. Then they did it again a year or two later. Omaha was a tough place to be a Vols fan back then. Hard to believe how much both of those programs have changed and not for the better. I do think the 24/7 access to social media has had a big part in the slide both have taken. Now recruits can see all the good and bad in an instant. We really don't know how much boards like this effect recruiting. Especially when we are always bad-mouthing the coaches and administration. Fans haven't been easy on Hart, Cheek, Hamilton and other admins.

Ummmm...."we"?  What is this we you speak of?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: