VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:18:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Battle of Bristol game seems to be a pretty big deal...  (Read 1404 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2016, 12:24:18 EDT »

....much to my surprise, quite honestly. I wasn't enthusiastic about it when they first announced it. But now I have to confess the positives are going to far outweigh the negatives.  I hear people who aren't even UT fans talking about it. The local TV news (Greenville SC) is showing a piece on it in sports.

The fact that this is turning out to be such a spectacle is a hoot.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/watch-bristol-motor-speedway-begins-its-transition-to-football-stadium-following-nascar-race
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:09:20 EDT »

The publicity this brings us will season after we spank them.   The narrative will be "Vols were three or four plays away from the playoffs last year" and we will be in the spotlight.  That momentum will carry us into a big win over Florida, and then the next 3 games will determine our season.  I think we can win all three. Whether we do is why we watch the games.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: