VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:24:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A request from the theatre guy to UT Football...  (Read 1695 times)
VOLveeta
« on: September 02, 2016, 04:45:32 EDT »

May we beg for a moratorium on the theatrics, just say... for a few weeks?   On hype videos, stunningly produced visuals “previewing” uniforms and helmets, dramatic look ups to the camera in the player intro's like, “I am Spartacus”, over-produced branding gimmicks and just the general hype machine that has become the marketing beast that is UT Football?  Just for a month?  It's just plain bull, it's a distraction and it's not even deserved.  Can we just shut up with the overkill Madison Avenue stuff for five minutes and just quietly focus on game days... for a change?  The money, the hype, the drama... we're great at THAT, but... it's pure theatre, nothing more.  I understand, we gotta “market to the talent” but even that ain't going to work much longer if it appears we are nothing more than an image.

Thank you.  I'll shut up now.
10EC
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 04:49:26 EDT »

I said the EXACT same thing in the stands last night.  It is beyond overdone.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 05:00:13 EDT »

Been saying that over the entire off season.  Need to actually prove on the field how good you are before trying to convince people with artificial hype how good you are supposed to be.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 09:27:00 EDT »

Well said sir.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: