VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:49:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does this game rank as far as most satisfying wins?  (Read 3232 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2016, 03:48:49 EDT »

Not necessarily the biggest or best wins, but the wins that, you know, left you feeling the most fulfilled.  Given the streak and all the shizzle talking the crocs did this week (and all offseason, really), this one has to rank really high.  I'd put it right up there with Miami in 85 and LSU in 2005.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:57:27 EDT »

Not necessarily the biggest or best wins, but the wins that, you know, left you feeling the most fulfilled.  Given the streak and all the shizzle talking the crocs did this week (and all offseason, really), this one has to rank really high.  I'd put it right up there with Miami in 85 and LSU in 2005.

for me, its definitely in the top 3

11B4PJ3F7
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:03:02 EDT »

Just above 98..We may not win a NC but to break the streak and see that duck pull that truck is pretty satisfying 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 04:07:33 EDT »

If it's a win that's most satisfying and not the greatest win, I would have to say that it's top 10. That's sort of sad, to be honest. It was a regular season game and even a win over UF shouldn't qualify as a "most satisfying" game. But considering the streak and that we're looking for evidence that we are a force again,.........I would have to say that I an most satisfied. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 04:44:42 EDT »

Right now, to me it feels like 95 Bama...
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 04:48:07 EDT »

#1 is the '98 national championship.
#2 is the '95 win over the tide.
It's a fairly big drop to #4 Miracle at South Bend (1991)

Gawd I hated losing every damn year to the Gators, whether they were strong or weak.  Getting that monkey off our backs beats out a lot of what should be much bigger victories when looked at from a less petty perspective.

Great job Vols!  What a comeback!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 05:13:57 EDT »

I know where it ranks in terms of frat boy couch fires. 

I enjoyed the heck out of it. Not just because it had been so long, and not just because of all the smack the players talked all offseason, but because of the high-and-mighty attitude from the UF faithful ever since Urban Meyer arrived on the scene. But it doesn't rank that high on the list to me. IMO, it isn't even close to '95 Bama, when we last ended one of these streaks. I guess I'd feel better if I felt like we can sustain the level of play we saw in the second half, but I still have a lot of concerns about the coaching staff that weren't alleviated by the second half, although I enjoyed it tremendously. Hopefully those doubts will be laid to rest over the next three weeks. We'll see, I guess.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50:10 EDT »

Right now it's no. 3 or 4. 2001 also satisfying.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:36:25 EDT »

two one point wins the previous two seasons and as weak as they were they were one team that should have kept their mouths shut and counted their blessings.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 01:43:49 EDT »

two one point wins the previous two seasons and as weak as they were they were one team that should have kept their mouths shut and counted their blessings.

Yeah. I said early on that the trash talk was just whistling past the graveyard. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 03:00:04 EDT »

Still... this is like at the very least 8th on my list. I know it can't compare to FSU, Miami, ND, Bama and then... there is the smack Northwestern was talking. At least the gturds have a history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: