VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:24:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open letter to volsboy  (Read 11018 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:09:13 EDT »

Here is your plate of crow to feast on!  You have 'diatribed' over and over about the lack of Butch's big game wins and how he is such a pathetic coach.....well yesterday that 4 ton monkey is off his back and it is your time to eat a heaping helping of black feathered cawer.....and if you doubt that I suggest you review the statistics for the game.  At the start of the second half UF had 310 yards of offense and at the end of the third quarter that had 303...and that means they had -7 yards total offense for the quarter and 0 first downs.  Yep ole Butch just torched your toilet paper all to hell!  Now it is time to have a mea culpea and admit how f'en wrong you are!  You are not a bad coach if you can get your team to come out and hang that kind of defense on a team while scoring 38 straight points and hanging a big ole L on Swamp Donkey and Jalen Turdbor.....so what you got to say now?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:46:01 EDT »

His absence is indeed odd. Based on his posts right before the game I'd figure he was happy. Hmmmmm....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 02:19:55 EDT »

the veil has been lifted, he's a troll

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 03:30:35 EDT »

Here is your plate of crow to feast on!  You have 'diatribed' over and over about the lack of Butch's big game wins and how he is such a pathetic coach.....well yesterday that 4 ton monkey is off his back and it is your time to eat a heaping helping of black feathered cawer.....and if you doubt that I suggest you review the statistics for the game.  At the start of the second half UF had 310 yards of offense and at the end of the third quarter that had 303...and that means they had -7 yards total offense for the quarter and 0 first downs.  Yep ole Butch just torched your toilet paper all to hell!  Now it is time to have a mea culpea and admit how f'en wrong you are!  You are not a bad coach if you can get your team to come out and hang that kind of defense on a team while scoring 38 straight points and hanging a big ole L on Swamp Donkey and Jalen Turdbor.....so what you got to say now?
//

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 04:07:13 EDT »

Bump again

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:44 EDT »

I think he is joe-vols

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 06:38:02 EDT »

I think he is joe-vols

Nah.  Completely different style of posting. That can be faked, but joevols doesn't strike me as the type who would sneak around, he would just come in as himself, and whatever his faults, he was a true Vol fan.

If it's a past prolific poster with an axe to grind, my guess would be BP. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 06:32:14 EDT »

Nah.  Completely different style of posting. That can be faked, but joevols doesn't strike me as the type who would sneak around, he would just come in as himself, and whatever his faults, he was a true Vol fan.

If it's a past prolific poster with an axe to grind, my guess would be BP. 

volsboy is volsboy. He's been around for a long time off and on, and as far as I know he's never been anyone else. That's why it's so stunning that he still doesn't get the culture of this board.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 06:42:14 EDT »

volsboy is volsboy. He's been around for a long time off and on, and as far as I know he's never been anyone else. That's why it's so stunning that he still doesn't get the culture of this board.

He claimed that he was around in 1998, but I don't recall him until a couple years ago.   Maybe he was inactive for a long time?

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 06:45:32 EDT »

He claimed that he was around in 1998, but I don't recall him until a couple years ago.   Maybe he was inactive for a long time?

Yeah, he's been here and back a few times. He's had a few variations on that name-- volsboy in south dakota, and another location I'm not recalling-- but I remember him from way back.

Here's a snapshot from the Wayback Machine that shows a post from him in 2001: https://web.archive.org/web/20010208094202/http://vttw.net/vttw/

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 07:34:06 EDT »

Huh. I did not know that. His posting wasn't noted (by me) until fairly recently. I just don't click in any threads he starts.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 10:30:58 EDT »

Okay so he has been around a long while.   Lacks intestinal fortitude, apparently.   

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 11:22:51 EDT »

Here's a snapshot from the Wayback Machine that shows a post from him in 2001: https://web.archive.org/web/20010208094202/http://vttw.net/vttw/

Look at all those names of posters who are no longer posting or no longer with us.    But, I did get to see Crockett at the tailgate on Saturday. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 01:18:30 EDT »

Look at all those names of posters who are no longer posting or no longer with us. 

That was the first thing I noticed when I clicked the link. It would interesting to know where they went.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 01:20:02 EDT »

That was the first thing I noticed when I clicked the link. It would interesting to know where they went.

Yes, it would.  I saw VOLai Lama on Saturday too. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 01:33:49 EDT »

Facebook. 
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 03:26:08 EDT »

Look at all those names of posters who are no longer posting or no longer with us.    But, I did get to see Crockett at the tailgate on Saturday. 

My old handle is on there... That is an old page.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 04:48:17 EDT »

In the words of somebody, whoa stagecoach. 

I am as elated for the win as anybody on this forum.  It was a long time coming and much needed for the entire Vol Nation. 

But that said, there is an old saying about what happens when one points a finger. 

There is no "cookie cutter" of what a "Vol fan" has to be.  Nobody is a "better" fan than anybody else because of ones perspective.  Fans are as different as people are different. 

And while the win was obviously encouraging, if you will look at things objectively, UT has played 4, maybe 5 quarters of football like they are capable of playing in the 4 games thus far.  We've still got to find some consistency, or it is going to come back to bite us in the butt somewhere down the road. 

Just my opinion. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:57 EDT »

i appreciate the love. But you know this is just one game out of 12. Just a question.....why the struggles against Appy and Ohio? No good answer. Thanks Herb, You get me.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 05:52:38 EDT »

i appreciate the love..LOL, But you know this is just one game out of 12. Just a question.....why the struggles against Appy and Ohio? No good answer. Thanks Herb, You get me.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:32 EDT »

Sorry Emeril. They were supposed to beat UF. They just made it more exciting than it needed to be. I bet you weren't feeling like this at halftime. They did a great job in the second half. Some of the best football UT has played in years. I'm cautiously optimistic. From what I've seen they SHOULD win the east. Should is the key word. Just no explanation as to why they came out so flat again. If they do put together a whole game, look out. But we said that last year too, just opposite situations. Couldn't finish last year. But if they continue to finish, all is well.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:40 EDT »

To all you long time posters here...I've been here since the late 90's. I was stationed at Offutt AFb in Omaha, Ne. I lived there through both losses to the Huskers and posted here about it. I never have never been anything but a Vol fan.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 12:01:57 EDT »

Wow! A blast from the past, Remember Vollyparton

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 04:20:42 EDT »

It's true we have a ways to go, but I look at it as not much different from last year.  It's part of the continuing rebuilding process.

In his first year, it was all Butch could do to keep his head above water.  We started well considering the (lack of) talent we had, and the fact we had to play Oregon on the road almost immediately, but the old Dooley habits and lack of depth caught up and we went 5-7 again.  Losing to Vandy twice in a row, and just barely at that, hurt, and kept us from a bowl, but at least we upset USC and kept SOS out of the SECC.  It was a good start.  Could it have been better?  Yes, but it was close to what I expected consider the hole Dooley left the program in.

Next year...we actually got over 500, went to a bowl, and won it. Beat USC jr second year in a row when they once again were favored.  Progress! And again, about what I expected.

Last year...the woulda, coulda shoulda year.  We could have been 10-2 at least, if not better, but gave back games to OU and UF, and just missed on Ark and bammer. But I said last year, and I stand by it, that given that we were a team that had gone a combined 22-28 the previous four seasons, they just had to learn to win again.  Like knowing not to let up once you are ahead.  And guess what?  We did hold on against uga and USC jr later in the season.

This year, the very painful lessons of last year appear to have been won.  This team now knows how to fight through adversity and win.  What remains, obviously, is to put together a complete game.

Maybe this weekend is when it can happen....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:46:39 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 08:22:42 EDT »

Excuse me but... no one can suggest to me that ending an 11 game loosing streak to a bitter long standing rival is not a sign of positive movement in the program. Am I wrong in assuming a person has to sue for suspension of disbelief before they engage in shoulda, woulda, coulda on this board? I like what Butch is saying to the media. It will take the fans longer to be cured of the snake bite phobia that we have all lived with as a consequence of being volunteer fans. Just because they shoulda beat florida does not mean that a significant milestone has not been achieved.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: