VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 06:10:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think Butch was fired up after the win?  (Read 3071 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:41:44 EDT »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Vol_Photos/status/780023824565805056/photo/1

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:56:27 EDT »

To be honest I thought Butch was the happiest person in Neyland after that win.....Lot of pressure and weight lifted from the past 2 Florida games and a couple other 4th quarter clusters for him. Glad to see it for him.

Now his job will be to get the teams feet back on the ground tonight...We got work a head of us. UGA was embarrassed by Ole Miss....a Wounded Dawg will in order this weekend.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 06:04:53 EDT »

To be honest I thought Butch was the happiest person in Neyland after that win.....Lot of pressure and weight lifted from the past 2 Florida games and a couple other 4th quarter clusters for him. Glad to see it for him.

Now his job will be to get the teams feet back on the ground tonight...We got work a head of us. UGA was embarrassed by Ole Miss....a Wounded Dawg will in order this weekend.

I only want to see one wounded (literally) dawg on Saturday...

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:44:00 EDT »

Yeah, he can get fired up!   

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:32:15 EDT »

Butch was so excited by the win that he promptly laid into the Knoxville media to open his postgame presser. That was bizarre, puzzling and needless. It tells me he's still very insecure about where he stands.

But the bottom line is that he got the monkey off his back. I'm still not sold on his ability to be a consistent winner in the SEC, but I'll tell you what I am convinced about: his players will go for him until the final whistle, and his team is never out of any game. Those are two qualities you hope for in any coach.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:36:15 EDT »

Butch was so excited by the win that he promptly laid into the Knoxville media to open his postgame presser. That was bizarre, puzzling and needless. It tells me he's still very insecure about where he stands.

But the bottom line is that he got the monkey off his back. I'm still not sold on his ability to be a consistent winner in the SEC, but I'll tell you what I am convinced about: his players will go for him until the final whistle, and his team is never out of any game. Those are two qualities you hope for in any coach.
well said

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:23 EDT »

Around halftime I turned to Dad and said "kinda feels like Georgia last year" without really believing it myself.  I thought that was a once in a decade type miracle.  If you recall, the UGA comeback was jumpstarted with UGA turnovers...and that's another thing that's so impressive about yesterday, it didn't start with any crazy turnovers.  It was just a buckle down, "we can do this", comeback where we stopped them over and over and moved the ball on their vaunted defense.  I'm still in disbelief, lol.  But you're so right, there is no quit in these guys.  And Dobbs will go down as one of the legendary VFL warrior QB's.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 01:01:32 EDT »

And give Butch credit, of course.  I realize my post didn't mention Butch at all.  He coached to win.  Going for a TD instead of a FG on 4th and goal in the 1st qtr as opposed to last year's Oklahoma game.

Lol, even though the 4th down play at the goal line where Kamara comes in motion was pretty obvious, I mean everyone in the stands knew what play was coming when Kamara came in motion, it's one of our go to goal line plays.  I thought we were pretty fortunate that wasn't a pick 6, cause the UF db knew it was coming too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: