VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:25:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors that L$U has fired Miles  (Read 6179 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2016, 10:46:09 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:49:51 EDT »

Still don't know what is accomplished by firing him now, or how Orgeron as interim hc is any better whatsoever.   

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-lsu-fired-les-miles-cam-cameron/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:51:46 EDT »

Still don't know what is accomplished by firing him now, or how Orgeron as interim hc is any better whatsoever.   

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-lsu-fired-les-miles-cam-cameron/

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-lsu-fires-coach-les-miles-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron/

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:52:18 EDT »

Probably because it gets them in first on Tom Herman.

Miles will have another P5 job within a week of the end of the regular season.  Book it.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:03:44 EDT »

It's not going to happen, but I would LOVE for yaw yaw to have the HC job when they come to Neyland next year.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:04:56 EDT »

Probably because it gets them in first on Tom Herman.

Miles will have another P5 job within a week of the end of the regular season.  Book it.

Imo if they were going to pull the trigger this fast they should've gone ahead and done it last year.  Seems like the powers that be wanted to hurry up and do it after a loss to minimize backlash.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:07:12 EDT »

Imo if they were going to pull the trigger this fast they should've gone ahead and done it last year.  Seems like the powers that be wanted to hurry up and do it after a loss to minimize backlash.
their AD makes Hamilton look like a genius 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:11:10 EDT »

JMO....but Herman isn't going to LSU. He will hold out for Texas job. Just don't see him leaving Houston for LSU.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 11:35:25 EDT »

JMO....but Herman isn't going to LSU. He will hold out for Texas job. Just don't see him leaving Houston for LSU.

I believe that you're on point. He's in a great position to wait for the job at Texas to open back up and he will be a shoe in for the position. On top of that, his stock is incredible high, so high that Texas (and only Texas) will be able and wiling to throw that kind of cash around.

Just let Texas lose to OU this year.....

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 06:36:12 EDT »

Insert picture of dumpster fire here 

Yeah...wtf.  I agree with VV, why wait till now?   

I had actually texted a friend when I heard the score Saturday night that it reminded me of 2007-08 Fulmer.  Hamilton gives an extension in the spring, then fires him in the fall.  But not this quickly.  This really looks like LSU is going to be worse than the Vols. 

Okay, well, no, they would have to hire Kiffin to fizzle up that badly, but I think it still could be bad at LSU for awhile, because this looks a lot like a cluster to me.

Hey Ogeron is already there, and Lane does have HC experience in the SEC.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 06:44:15 EDT »

A very tangible consideration in if he would go to LSU is the talent level. Although is everyone sold on that? I mean... when Les arrived at LSU he had immediate success because of the talent level ostensibly. If he is expendable with that kind of talent are you sure he gets a p5 job?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 06:45:36 EDT »

A very tangible consideration in if he would go to LSU is the talent level. Although is everyone sold on that? I mean... when Les arrived at LSU he had immediate success because of the talent level ostensibly. If he is expendable with that kind of talent are you sure he gets a p5 job?

I think it's possible Herman might go to LSU.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 04:22:36 EDT »

IMO Herman will not go to LSU because he will be in Big 12 (SWAC) next year with either Houston or Texas. I just cannot see Strong making it to the end of the season at Texas. Texas has the money to fire and pay out Strong, to pay Houston but out for Hermann, and to pay Herman big bucks.

I think LSU administration will have a hard time hiring a big name coach that can have success there because of the way they handled Miles. LSU should have fired Miles last year if they were going to. I think the Ogre may have a hard time getting a job in the future because who wants to hire an assistant that will take your job (interim) early in the season.
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 05:02:55 EDT »

It'll be interesting to see how Texas finishes the season. It was a hot start for Strong and everyone was crowing that he had turned the program around. But the win over Notre Dame looks much less illustrious now that the Irish have been exposed, and the lost to Cal was inexcusable. And I agree that there's no way in hell Herman passes up Texas for LSU.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 05:26:22 EDT »

Jury's not out on Strong yet.  Cal is a pretty decent team, and over the last 10 years or so have been tough at home.  Plenty of time for Strong to save his job.

My opinion is that the B12 is overated and soft, and as Texas gets into the meat of the B12 schedule they are looking at a 10 or 9 win season, more than enough to save his job.

Now if they lose badly to OU, it might not matter, and at the least he will be on an even hotter seat.  But I see a 9-10 win season and a good chance of beating OU.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: