VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:46:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So many positives from this game  (Read 917 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 07:00:10 EDT »

I mean beyond the obvious of finally beating Florida, and the manner in which we did it.

For the team, instead of just being relieved that we have somewhat of a downfield passing threat now we have one that, assuming it's not a fluke, is one that can strike fear into opposing teams.  I know the Florida DBs are overated punks, but their DBs were in fact considered among the best in the country.  It's hard to understate how well our passing attack did.  ITS ABOUT TIME!

The way we won is extra satisfying because of what happened last year.  This win is in fact much more satisfying to me because of that.

LBs stepped up bigtime. This was one of our thinnest groups, if not the thinnest and they came through in a big way. I have some concern that not many of them played in earlier games (what was Shoop/Jones waiting for?), and UFs offense is still a bit hungover from Muschamp and they were starting a backup QB.  Still, this was very encouraging, and JRM and Kirkland likely are both back before the end of the season.

On a more obvious note, Chance Hall made a big difference.  Less worried about the line now.

Final note...minor, but things like this are important to me, I am bit of a Vol history buff.  It was one thing to lose to Bear Bryant 11 years in a row when he was at the top of his game and had no scholarship limits, another if we lost 12 to the gaytors to break our record loss streak.  None of the teams in the Muschamp era remotely resembled the bammer powerhouses of the 70s.  The tie is bad enough, but 12 in a row to the gaytors would have set badly with me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: