VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:34:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so moving on to UGA, how are we feeling about this game?  (Read 1996 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:00:40 EDT »

Chubb missed the second half of the Ol Miss game, but it seems that he will be back next week. This is another need to win game, because our games against TAMU & UA seem to be the biggest hurdle between now and Atlanta

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:18:35 EDT »

Chubb missed the second half of the Ol Miss game, but it seems that he will be back next week. This is another need to win game, because our games against TAMU & UA seem to be the biggest hurdle between now and Atlanta

We should win, but there is a chance of a let down. Listening to tk Jr talk on sports radio yesterday, I dont think it will happen. Not with this team.

I would not say uga is an easy out, but I do expect us to win.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:04:44 EDT »

Saying we have come down off the Florida win cloud and actually doing it is 2 different animals. The players will hear all week in class...in town...around campus etc. about the Florida win. Got to get their minds on UGA. Butch and his staff will be preaching this all week. This is where some of the leaders on the team needs to step it up. With the 3 games we have in a row this UGA is a must if we won't to get a lead for the East. From what I've seen among UT, UGA and FL....Florida has the easiest SEC schedule remaining. LSU and Ark I'd say are the 2 hardest and with LSU who knows which direction they will go?

Hated to see UGA get embarrassed by OM....Much rather them have won or lost in a close hard fought game. We better go down there ready. Over the years the UT-UGA game is usually a slugfest no matter which team has the talent advantage.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:10:37 EDT »

With all due respect to this team, there was also no reason to think they would overlook Appalachian State, until they did. Let's hope that was a lesson learned. If Tennessee wants to win the East and go to Atlanta, this game is a must-win. I don't want to pin our hopes on beating Texas A&M on the road or Alabama at home. Either can happen, but neither are as probable as a win in Athens. There's no reason for UGA to win this game if Tennessee is on its game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:45:58 EDT »

With all due respect to this team, there was also no reason to think they would overlook Appalachian State, until they did. Let's hope that was a lesson learned. If Tennessee wants to win the East and go to Atlanta, this game is a must-win. I don't want to pin our hopes on beating Texas A&M on the road or Alabama at home. Either can happen, but neither are as probable as a win in Athens. There's no reason for UGA to win this game if Tennessee is on its game.

Agree about appy state, but so far the lesson does appear to be learned.

My opinion is that there has been continual improvement this season. On paper, the Va Tech win is more impressive than Ohio, but Ohio didn't give us 5 turnovers, and had Va Tech not done so I think we likely lose that one.  Appy State was horrible.  No excuses.  Va Tech we started slow but took advantage of their miscues and put them away.  Ohio was lackluster, but we never trialed, and it was the first game I never really felt threatened in.   The recent game speaks for itself.

If what I percieve to be the week to week improvement continues, we will be fine.

Having said that, the team does need to work on getting off to a better start.   

But if forced to choose, I'll take a slow start and strong finish over the opposite any day.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:38:44 EDT »

I know the A&M and bammer games are the "sexier" matchups in the eyes of the nation, but make no mistake: this is the most important game left on our schedule.  I hope the team realizes that.  A letdown this week is NOT an option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: