VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:51:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's difficult to overstate our passing success Saturday  (Read 2209 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 05:39:26 EDT »

For starters, it was nice to see Dobbs show some consistent accuracy for a change.  It was also nice that Malone continued to play well (which BTW dates back to mid-season last year), but now Jennings has emerged as another big play WR and Byrd shows enormous promise.  Croom and Wolf could use some work but both made plays as well. Finally, our line showed some better pass protection in the 2nd half, and/or Dobbs got rid of the ball more quickly and decisively.

But beyond that, I read in at least two different places preseason that Florida had the best pair of cover CBs in the country. No shizzle.  And look what we did to them!   

And..side note....how satisfying is it that both those dumasses talked trash before the game?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:51:27 EDT »

Amazing what giving Dobbs a little time will do for your passing game....Plus, letting Dobbs rollout like we did several times keeps the defensive pressure a little more honest. Debord dialed up some good plays to create some one on one situations. Need to get more creative in the run game and Kamara more involved. Too much talent to not be getting the ball in his hand several more times per game.

Croom dropped a TD pass in the first half....Did we ever go back to him after that?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:02:17 EDT »

Amazing what giving Dobbs a little time will do for your passing game....Plus, letting Dobbs rollout like we did several times keeps the defensive pressure a little more honest. Debord dialed up some good plays to create some one on one situations. Need to get more creative in the run game and Kamara more involved. Too much talent to not be getting the ball in his hand several more times per game.

Croom dropped a TD pass in the first half....Did we ever go back to him after that?

He made  a key third down catch later in the game.  3rd and 15, I think. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:08:04 EDT »

He made  a key third down catch later in the game.  3rd and 15, I think. 

Seems that is correct.....My anal pucker factor was effecting my eyesight the 2nd half.

If we could get our 2 TEs balling out along with our WRs improvement we could be dangerous in the passing game.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:59:09 EDT »

It was good to see him have success. There is a trade-off between employing a pocket passer and a roll out passer. You tend to cut the field in half with a roll out passer.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:08 EDT »

It was good to see him have success. There is a trade-off between employing a pocket passer and a roll out passer. You tend to cut the field in half with a roll out passer.

Yep it does.....Kiffin did that with Crompton and made him a more effective QB. Dobbs did make some good throws from the pocket against FL too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: