VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:40:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh noes! Sounds like we have a crocsheimers outbreak in Gainesville  (Read 8856 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:38:14 EDT »

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-qb-austin-appleby-truly-believe-better-team-didnt-win-saturday/

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:44:30 EDT »

Man UT could, shoulda, woulda hung about 60 on their asses!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:46:44 EDT »

Justin Martin penalty got them going, then he got torched on a TD, the the goal line "stand", int in the end zone, and another on their 10, 5 dropped passes!!! How sweet it truly could have been!

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:33 EDT »

how can you say that? That team got crushed until they quit.

11B4PJ3F7
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 10:12:14 EDT »

Funny, I do not remember Appleby being hit in the head that hard. It certainly sounds like he should be evaluated for a concussion. He sounds confused to me. Football is a 60 minute game, not a 30 minute game. The best team on the field won. Period.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:33:32 EDT »

Wow, he's delusional.

Appleby in the second half played like Crapappleby!

Denial...not just a river in Egypt.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 12:35:37 EDT »

Oh, that Appleby boy just needs a big ole hug!!!  You say strange shizzlee when you are butt hurt!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:37:24 EDT »

Have any of our players said something similar the past two years?  If they did, they would certainly be more justified than Appleby, but still wrong.  I'm pretty sure they didn't.

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 08:26:10 EDT »

They are lucky they didn't lose by 30.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 07:01:56 EDT »

They are lucky they didn't lose by 30.

Should have. We should have had 17-21 points the first half, easy. And that last TD drive by Florida gave me visions of Chavis...should have given them those 7 points. One of these days I hope to see UT get a team down and go for the juggler.
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 07:32:27 EDT »

Barnett had a sure TD by int that he couldn't pull in...  Coulda, shoulda been about 62-14

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:27:16 EDT »

Should have. We should have had 17-21 points the first half, easy. And that last TD drive by Florida gave me visions of Chavis...should have given them those 7 points. One of these days I hope to see UT get a team down and go for the juggler.

I didn't like it so much live, but on replay UF'S last scoring drive was actually fun to watch.   The soft coverage meant that our guys were able to get a head of steam before making their tackles. They were laying the wood and delivering some punishment out there.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:30:32 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 03:20:30 EDT »

I didn't like it so much live, but on replay UF'S last scoring drive was actually fun to watch.   The soft coverage meant that our guys were able to get a head of steam before making their tackles. They were laying the wood and delivering some punishment out there.

Well, Shoop made them use like 5 minutes off the clock.  With the lead we had I thought it made perfect sense.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 03:42:07 EDT »

Well, Shoop made them use like 5 minutes off the clock.  With the lead we had I thought it made perfect sense.
That's the point I made to Bandit at the time.  Yes, they #^#^#$#$^ scored but they took a heck of a lot of time to do it.  We made it difficult.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 04:50:00 EDT »

Agree. That's the whole point of the prevent. I didn't like giving up the score because I wanted to beat them by as much as possible but it just made sense in that situation. My beef with Chavis was how he would go into prevent with a one-touchdown lead.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:27 EDT »

Agree. That's the whole point of the prevent. I didn't like giving up the score because I wanted to beat them by as much as possible but it just made sense in that situation. My beef with Chavis was how he would go into prevent with a one-touchdown lead.

And still somehow allow them to score in 4 plays and 1:30.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 07:46:15 EDT »

Yup.  Shoop is da man.

Do you guys think we keep him at least for 2017?
Creek Walker
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 08:26:30 EDT »

Yup.  Shoop is da man.

Do you guys think we keep him at least for 2017?

My hope is that he's one of those guys who is a career DC, like Chavis, and we can keep him. He is legit. Love his aggressiveness.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 11:15:27 EDT »

Shoop will get a HC offer before too long...IMO it won't be a big time program but he'll get a offer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Vandy interested when they can Mason....and that's most likely coming before too long. One of only reasons they wouldn't be interested in Shoops is he is a defensive coach like Mason and they might want a offensive minded coach from the next hire.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 01:06:51 EDT »

My hope is that he's one of those guys who is a career DC, like Chavis, and we can keep him. He is legit. Love his aggressiveness.

I love to hear Shoop in interviews,  unlike Butch he responds to the question like a normal person.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 03:01:25 EDT »

Not crocsheimers; it's e-reptile dysfunction!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:06 EDT »

And still somehow allow them to score in 4 plays and 1:30.

That could be us in a couple weeks...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:45 EDT »

That's the point I made to Bandit at the time.  Yes, they #^#^#$#$^ scored but they took a heck of a lot of time to do it.  We made it difficult.

That was Moseley on that last 4th down tip though.  Give the man some credit.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 03:43:23 EDT »

I wish we had both prevented them scoring and also scored again, but hey, I'll take the 38 unanswered points any day.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 03:44:48 EDT »

Final thought...We had been burned deep before, and on that last scoring drive it was apparent that they were finally going to have to air it out vs play it safe, which they had been doing most of the game.  Given that we were burned deep 3-4 times in the first half, maybe Shoop was in fact doing the best he could.  But I hope not, I hope it was a clock wasting exercise.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: