VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 11:27:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamers, read into this what you will...  (Read 6266 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2016, 04:40:59 EDT »

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/787639249864630273

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 04:55:03 EDT »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:45 EDT »

I'll believe it when I see it on the shelf at Gamestop.  RDR3 has been rumored to be revealed at every gaming show for the past year, and we've been constantly disappointed.  But this is coming from R* themselves, so maybe it's finally happening.  If it's true, I just hope the turnaround is quick.  Not their typical reveal trailer that comes out two years ahead of the release.  We're going on seven years already.  It's time.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 05:19:16 EDT »

I'll believe it when I see it on the shelf at Gamestop.  RDR3 has been rumored to be revealed at every gaming show for the past year, and we've been constantly disappointed.  But this is coming from R* themselves, so maybe it's finally happening.  If it's true, I just hope the turnaround is quick.  Not their typical reveal trailer that comes out two years ahead of the release.  We're going on seven years already.  It's time.

Yes, hopefully this means it's really happening.  I've been starving for a ps4 game to really get into.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 05:43:42 EDT »

Yes, hopefully this means it's really happening.  I've been starving for a ps4 game to really get into.

I gotta say, the selection of games for the current gen systems, three years in, has been lacking.  There have been some good titles, but not really any "must-have, this changes everything forever" type of games.  Most of the best selling titles have actually been remasters of older games.  Maybe a new RDR can change that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:49:16 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 06:05:25 EDT »

I gotta say, the selection of games for the current gen systems, three years in, has been lacking.  There have been some good titles, but not really any "must-have, this changes everything forever" type of games.  Most of the best selling titles have actually been remasters of older games.  Maybe a new RDR can change that.

Indeed, the PS4 game I play most currently is the Borderlands 2 remaster.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:10 EDT »

Reveal trailer incoming at 11 AM Thursday.  But the game itself is still a year away.  And that's assuming no delays (because Rockstar games are NEVER delayed ).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/18/rockstars-new-game-is-red-dead-redemption-2-and-its-out-next-year

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:14:04 EDT »

Reveal trailer incoming at 11 AM Thursday.  But the game itself is still a year away.  And that's assuming no delays (because Rockstar games are NEVER delayed ).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/18/rockstars-new-game-is-red-dead-redemption-2-and-its-out-next-year

Better than no news.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 07:28:49 EDT »

Here it is.  Doesn't really reveal much about the game, but it looks gorgeous.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6NZsaBLRuXU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/6NZsaBLRuXU</a>

Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:57 EDT »

Here it is.  Doesn't really reveal much about the game, but it looks gorgeous.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6NZsaBLRuXU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/6NZsaBLRuXU</a>

Can. Not. Wait.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 07:40:20 EDT »

Can. Not. Wait.

The starry sky in that campfire shot is prettier than Jessica Chastain playing a guitar solo in her underwear.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:57:38 EDT »

The starry sky in that campfire shot is prettier than Jessica Chastain playing a guitar solo in her underwear.

Party foul!  You provide no basis of comparison.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 08:10:25 EDT »

Party foul!  You provide no basis of comparison.   

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 08:23:50 EDT »

Is she smiling in that pic?  I can't tell....

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 08:57:31 EDT »

The prevailing thought was that this game would be a prequel.  But that trailer shows power lines and electric street lamps.  So if it IS a prequel, it can't be too far in the past.

Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 09:03:57 EDT »

The prevailing thought was that this game would be a prequel.  But that trailer shows power lines and electric street lamps.  So if it IS a prequel, it can't be too far in the past.

Yeah, I was hoping for a prequel. Hopefully this isn't going to venture too much into the future from the original if it's a sequel.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:37 EDT »

Yeah, I was hoping for a prequel. Hopefully this isn't going to venture too much into the future from the original if it's a sequel.

It can't be too far in the future.  The last game took place in 1911, just as the Wild West era was coming to an end.  Maybe this is happening concurrently with RDR, or maybe immediately before, possibly showing how JM came to be under the government's thumb in the first place?  I dunno. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:26:48 EDT »

Today at work some serious work type stuff was going on and one guy interrupted and said "RDR trailer!"

We all stopped and watched.  Looks incredible!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:38:52 EDT »

I like that the terrain looks more varied.  The last game was 90% desert.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: