VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:43:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Down goes Kamara  (Read 7474 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:49 EDT »

The hits just keep on comin'

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/report-alvin-kamara-to-miss-2-to-4-weeks/

I thought he was hurt on the one play where he took an odd step.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:19:27 EDT »

It might have been when he was hit late out of bounds. He was limping after that.

I've never seen this many injuries on one team. We're not going to have anyone left.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:07 EDT »

It might have been when he was hit late out of bounds. He was limping after that.

I've never seen this many injuries on one team. We're not going to have anyone left.

thanks for joggin my memory - I thought there was something "nefarious" about it, but I could'nt remember what happened.  Yep, that out of bounds hit - that was the one.  He limped for a while and then shook it off more or less.  I can't remember how effective he was after that, I guess not much!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:35:22 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:33:24 EDT »

That play was a punt return with 1:00 left in the 1st Qtr and resulted in a personal foul.  His next 2 runs went for 11 yds on our TD drive (of 11 yds).  If I'm reading the box score right, he had around 7 yds on 4 plays after that.  I was too distraught in the 2nd half to notice he went missing.  I guess everyone went missing, though....

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 07:25:10 EDT »

Perhaps Bryce jumped the gun this time

Not for the first time ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 07:54:10 EDT »

Woowwwwwww   

Well, at least Kelly played really well against Tamu

And, BTW, this does explain the offensive woes a bit. Along with all five OL starters being injured.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 08:10:57 EDT »

Perhaps Bryce jumped the gun this time

Not for the first time ...

That would be great if true.  Apparently CBJ said it’s a “wait-and-see” situation

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 08:22:13 EDT »

That would be great if true.  Apparently CBJ said it’s a “wait-and-see” situation
They are awaiting Dr Andrew's opinion
Apparently, he was the deciding opinion in JRM's situation as well

Yes, he has a knee injury but the severity and treatment are not finalized, yet

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 08:28:11 EDT »

They are awaiting Dr Andrew's opinion
Apparently, he was the deciding opinion in JRM's situation as well

Yes, he has a knee injury but the severity and treatment are not finalized, yet

If he's not 100%, we really should sit him.  We have one great back and another good back to carry the load.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 08:35:01 EDT »

Woowwwwwww  

Well, at least Kelly played really well against Tamu

And, BTW, this does explain the offensive woes a bit. Along with all five OL starters being injured.  

Of course it does. I also have never seen a team with so many key injuries.

BTW, I really didn't know the extent of UT's injuries until late last week. I came to lurk and read the board, and noticed there wasn't too much chatter on the upcoming Bama game, and took it to mean there wasn't too much excitement due to all of these injuries.

I read some predictions and the Scout UT writers predicted a Vol win. With all of the injuries how in the world they could predict that was beyond me, but of course a very close 35-34 UT win prediction was understandable.

While the Scout UT writers did predict that UT win, I'm of course joking with you Bandit about your 35-34 score as I've predicted worse.

BG

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 09:28:24 EDT »

It seems like a lifetime ago that all we were missing was Sutton, Kirkland, and JRM, and we thought that was as bad as it could get.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 09:33:09 EDT »

BTW, I really didn't know the extent of UT's injuries until late last week. I came to lurk and read the board, and noticed there wasn't too much chatter on the upcoming Bama game, and took it to mean there wasn't too much excitement due to all of these injuries.

I read some predictions and the Scout UT writers predicted a Vol win. With all of the injuries how in the world they could predict that was beyond me, but of course a very close 35-34 UT win prediction was understandable.

While the Scout UT writers did predict that UT win, I'm of course joking with you Bandit about your 35-34 score as I've predicted worse.

BG

A lot of the injuries (especially those on the OL) weren't reported until the day of the game.  Also, most thought that Kirkland would return, and he didn't.  He would've helped a lot.  Our all-3rd string (or lower) LB corps is absolutely lost out there right now.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 10:17:44 EDT »

Take this with a grain of salt if you want to....Chris Low was on Finebaum this afternoon and Paul asked Low about Kamara.....Low said that's it's his thought that the UT staff is preparing that Kamara is out for several weeks if not the season.

Guess we'll see.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:01 EDT »

A lot of the injuries (especially those on the OL) weren't reported until the day of the game.  Also, most thought that Kirkland would return, and he didn't.  He would've helped a lot.  Our all-3rd string (or lower) LB corps is absolutely lost out there right now.

BDV, I was aware on the game day decisions, but I thought there were several key injuries to key players which it was known would not play and would certainly impact UT.

The loss of Reeves-Maybin and Sutton was going to hurt---I thought??? I read on a board they were definately out, or at least probably out, and were not going to play---as well as your dismissed DL. Also, with that many game day decisions to be made it would be highly unlikely they would be at 100%. You guys were certainly banged up.

I get your point, but I still do want to bust Bandit's balls over this!  

BTW, I had to come over here today and see what was going on with Kamara. It was reported by one of our posters that a UT friend had emailed him with the news of Kamara's injury. Most, including me, found it hard to believe another injury had benched yet another of your players. No hyperbole when I say I've never witnessed so many injuries to a team.

BG

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:48:10 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 11:50:28 EDT »

BG

I will never predict a UT loss.  In reality, I believed a loss by something like 35-24 to be possible, and injuries just made that worse.

I will also say that some of the events of the 4th quarter...particularly the punt return but also the long TD run, came at the end of a long game in which UT was worn out and playing scrubs, and made it seem worse than it was.

I am not concerned with the magnitude of the loss, though it is embarassing.  Fully healthy, the ten point spread was about right, and maybe even a little high.  With JRM, Sutton and Kirkland, I think our Uga, UF and Tamu games are not near as close and that we beat Tamu.  Of course, those three were not turning the ball over against Tamu, but I digress.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 12:15:59 EDT »

I will never predict a UT loss.  In reality, I believed a loss by something like 35-24 to be possible, and injuries just made that worse.

I will also say that some of the events of the 4th quarter...particularly the punt return but also the long TD run, came at the end of a long game in which UT was worn out and playing scrubs, and made it seem worse than it was.

I am not concerned with the magnitude of the loss, though it is embarassing.  Fully healthy, the ten point spread was about right, and maybe even a little high.  With JRM, Sutton and Kirkland, I think our Uga, UF and Tamu games are not near as close and that we beat Tamu.  Of course, those three were not turning the ball over against Tamu, but I digress.

No question the loss if Reeves-Maybin, Sutton and Kirkland  gutted UT's defense. Two of those guys were All-SEC candidates, and I agree with your last paragraph.

BG
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 12:56:45 EDT »

BDV, I was aware on the game day decisions, but I thought there were several key injuries to key players which it was known would not play and would certainly impact UT.

The loss of Reeves-Maybin and Sutton was going to hurt---I thought??? I read on a board they were definately out, or at least probably out, and were not going to play---as well as your dismissed DL. Also, with that many game day decisions to be made it would be highly unlikely they would be at 100%. You guys were certainly banged up.

I get your point, but I still do want to bust Bandit's balls over this!  

BTW, I had to come over here today and see what was going on with Kamara. It was reported by one of our posters that a UT friend had emailed him with the news of Kamara's injury. Most, including me, found it hard to believe another injury had benched yet another of your players. No hyperbole when I say I've never witnessed so many injuries to a team.

BG

Yeah, Sutton, Kirkland, and JRM all being out was going to hurt.  But we had played the previous three without them and fared pretty well (in spite of the poor LB play).  For those picking a UT win, I'm guessing the reasoning was that we could score on you, we were at home, and we could still win a shootout if we could cut down on the turnovers.  And again, most thought Kirkland would be back.  But when the entire OL  (and Kirkland) either didn't take the field or went out early, that crippled our offense, too, and that was that.

If we play a rematch in Atlanta, you'll hopefully see a healthier team.  But we still won't be anywhere near full strength.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 01:01:40 EDT »

Injuries have definately hurt this team. But this team performed bad without injuries too. Appy State, Ohio were not great performances. UGa was exciting but not a great performance. As it looks now, we should have beat them easily and not luckily.

volsboyinsodak
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 01:12:06 EDT »

Injuries have definately hurt this team. But this team performed bad without injuries too. Appy State, Ohio were not great performances. UGa was exciting but not a great performance. As it looks now, we should have beat them easily and not luckily.

"Without injuries"? Has Sutton or Mayben played at all? I'm not doggin on you being a troll if you are... but let's not over state our cases.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 01:37:28 EDT »

Yeah, Sutton, Kirkland, and JRM all being out was going to hurt.  But we had played the previous three without them and fared pretty well (in spite of the poor LB play).  For those picking a UT win, I'm guessing the reasoning was that we could score on you, we were at home, and we could still win a shootout if we could cut down on the turnovers.  And again, most thought Kirkland would be back.  But when the entire OL  (and Kirkland) either didn't take the field or went out early, that crippled our offense, too, and that was that.

If we play a rematch in Atlanta, you'll hopefully see a healthier team.  But we still won't be anywhere near full strength.

I just hope the Tide makes it. Still three tough games to play. Both LSU and Auburn are playing much better, and each have talent. A&M will be a tough game, and their former OU quarterback shredded Bama's D three years ago in the Sugar Bowl. He won't lack confidence.

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: