VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:07:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It could happen!  (Read 4602 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2016, 05:52:51 EDT »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17827382/college-football-playoff-scenarios-throw-things-chaos

2 loss Vols in the playoffs baby!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 11:15:28 EDT »

Aw lawd. I'm still too demoralized to contemplate.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:48:46 EDT »

Really, could this team ever be one of the 4 best in the country? It would be great but  I can't get past this team that cudda, shudda, wudda lost to Appy. Have not played a smooth game from start to finish yet.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:00 EDT »

Really, could this team ever be one of the 4 best in the country? It would be great but  I can't get past this team that cudda, shudda, wudda lost to Appy. Have not played a smooth game from start to finish yet.

Is it really necessary to keep posting the same isht on every single thread?  

This team has beaten two Top 25 teams, plus another team that was later briefly ranked in the Top 25, since that game against Appalachian State...plus taken the No. 7 team to double OT despite numerous injuries. If you truly can't get past Appy, then you really are a troll, or you're the most negative person ever.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:05:11 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 01:11:00 EDT »

Is it really necessary to keep posting the same isht on every single thread?  

This team has beaten two Top 25 teams, plus another team that was later briefly ranked in the Top 25, since that game against Appalachian State...plus taken the No. 7 team to double OT despite numerous injuries. If you truly can't get past Appy, then you really are a troll, or you're the most negative person ever.
His hatred of all things Butch will not allow him to do that
He is pure and simply a TROLL

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 01:44:35 EDT »

Best thing to do with a troll....Don't respond to one. It kills them....responding feeds them.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:08 EDT »

Best thing to do with a troll....Don't respond to one. It kills them....responding feeds them.
BTW, to continue our "disagreement" the other day.  We played a 5 man line a lot Saturday.  However, usually, the 5 DL was Jumper ...
To be fair, at least once he got good pressure on the QB from that alignment

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 02:08:02 EDT »

Well, let's just get that "2 Loss" part done before we start worrying about the playoffs.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 03:04:02 EDT »

Well...I'm not claiming that, just posting the link.  It is fun to think about though.

I am not so concerned about the playoffs as I am that we make the SECCG.  That was my preseason goal and what pretty much everyone expected.  Our chances of winning it were always in doubt, honestly.

Now, having said that, I got mad at my best buddy from college a couple days before the Tamu game.  He was trolling me a bit via text message, saying that Butch should just sit out all the starters and play scrubs against bammer the first time, because no way can we beat them twice, they are too good.

That made me angry for two reasons. One, we hadn't played Tamu yet, and my idjut friend is already thinking about the SECCG  (and most likely had a few when he texted me.  )  Two, he always plays up bammer.  Although he is a Vol, he was born in bammer and I think he still has a sweet spot for them.  Makes.  Me.  ANGRY!    And of course, knowing this, he was trolling me by saying we can't beat bammer twice (and had almost certainly had a few).

Well...if you look at the injury list, many of the injuries sustained against bammer and Tamu seem relatively minor.  Add to this the fact that BARNETT set out about half the game, whether he meant it or not what my (likely drunk) texting buddy said to troll me...ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

How much of it was Butch using any excuse to pull a starter halfway through the third, and how much of it was actually serious injuries IDK, but we are likely to be far, far healthier in Atlanta, should we be fortunate enough to be there.

So again, I don't GAS about the playoffs, but if we get to Atlanta and pull an epic upset, that's way more than enough for me.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 03:09:31 EDT »

Some further thoughts....what if bammer beats Tamu, who then wins out, but loses to LSU?  Then we beat them in Atlanta (yes, I know, it's a long shot but WTF, let's roll with it).  Then LSU beats bammer but loses to Tamu.  A one-loss bammer loses to us, but they pick a one-loss Tamu over us for the playoffs. 

Don't know how likely a one-loss Tamu is over us in that scenario, but honestly as long as we beat bammer and win the SEC, again I don't GAS.

Even better scenario...bammer loses to Tamu and LSU and we get a rematch with Tamu and thouroughly beat them down like we should have last time.  Less likely, but still very satisfying.

In the meantime, we have five games we have to win.

Also in the meantime go Tamu this weekend, go LSU against all remaining save Tamu, and go uga, arkansas, and LSU against the gaytors.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 03:53:24 EDT »

BTW, to continue our "disagreement" the other day.  We played a 5 man line a lot Saturday.  However, usually, the 5 DL was Jumper ...
To be fair, at least once he got good pressure on the QB from that alignment

I sure as heck wouldn't use Jumper in that situation.....Bring  in another DE if you are out DTs.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 03:58:11 EDT »

I sure as heck wouldn't use Jumper in that situation.....Bring  in another DE if you are out DTs.
Agreed

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: