VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:55:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go Aggies!*  (Read 2909 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:11 EDT »

nm

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 10:09:45 EDT »

So they refuse to review an obvious missed targeting call on bammer in Tuscaloosa.  Verne "finds that fascinating".

I don't.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:16:54 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 10:26:31 EDT »

A&M has 2 chances....Slim and None and Slim left town.

My gosh....A&M gave up 684 to us.....Bama's offense will butt chug them.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:37:20 EDT »

It doesn't help when Bamer gets to play by a separate set of rules

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:39:01 EDT »

Actually bammer is being exposed a bit.  To anyone paying attention, their QB can't throw worth a lick.  More on that in a minute.  But back to that, Chavis I think has figured that out and is keying on the run.  The only decent through (butt) Hurts had in the first half was a prayer thrown deep that Ridely just made a great catch on. Yeah, he can do that.  So what, so can anyone. 

Tamu is back in this one. If they can shut down bammer at the start of the 2nd half, I start to like their chances.

Back to the bammer QB....he(?) throws like a girl.   Looks like a girl too.   

If I'm a bammer fan, I might start worrying that Lane gets confused and starts hitting on my QB.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:42:12 EDT »

Actually bammer is being exposed a bit.  To anyone paying attention, their QB can't throw worth a lick.  More on that in a minute.  But back to that, Chavis I think has figured that out and is keying on the run.  The only decent through (butt) Hurts had in the first half was a prayer thrown deep that Ridely just made a great catch on. Yeah, he can do that.  So what, so can anyone. 

Tamu is back in this one. If they can shut down bammer at the start of the 2nd half, I start to like their chances.

Back to the bammer QB....he(?) throws like a girl.   Looks like a girl too.   

If I'm a bammer fan, I might start worrying that Lane gets confused and starts hitting on my QB.   

we were close at the half last week as well ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:38 EDT »

Bama didn't score in the red zone....Chavis defense holding them to field goals. And yes....A&M selling out to stop the run....But our 1.1 million dollar defensive cord. played a 4-2-5 and Bama ran it down our throats. One of the greatest blunders in SEC football history. Bama QB won't beat you throwing.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 11:52:10 EDT »

Bama didn't score in the red zone....Chavis defense holding them to field goals. And yes....A&M selling out to stop the run....But our 1.1 million dollar defensive cord. played a 4-2-5 and Bama ran it down our throats. One of the greatest blunders in SEC football history. Bama QB won't beat you throwing.

Agree. We should have sold out more to stop the run.  The only problem is, I don't know if we had the horses to do it. 

I will say this though...one of the few areas of the team not affected by injuries is DE.  We could have played three of them.   I will point out that does force an LB  into coverage though, and they would have targeted Jumper no doubt.

Don't look now, but Tamu is up.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 12:19:24 EDT »

I still think we could hang with these guys if we were at full strength.  Unfortunately, even if we get another shot at them, we still won't be at full strength.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 03:28:46 EDT »

I still think we could hang with these guys if we were at full strength.  Unfortunately, even if we get another shot at them, we still won't be at full strength.

We will still do better. The thing is, I think both Vols and Aggies were a bit overated going into bammer game.   Not reading too much into these last two wins by bammer, although I concede their front 7 is very, very good.   

But their DBs are suspect and they just lost one of their best CBs.   A combo of wins by Auburn and LSU can still knock them out of SECCG.  Who knows, it could happen.   If not, Vols ... should we make it to Altanta, will just need to catch some breaks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: