VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:51:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Josh Dobbs will be drafted and play in the NFL  (Read 2858 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:17:41 EST »

- He has improved a lot on his passing this year
- Can run with the ball, and he's a tough guy
- Leadership
- Intelligence
- Character
- If Jacoby Brissett can be an NFL QB, so can Josh.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:42 EST »

He seems to have no interest in doing so, but it would be great if you are correct.

Unfortunately I think the NFL will also look at how inconsistent a passer he is.

But I would love to see it...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:30:34 EST »

No interest? he has interest in the NFL, and was not that inconsistent this year except for 2 games. His numbers are comparable to D Watson's at Clemson who will be a first rounder.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:57 EST »

No interest? he has interest in the NFL, and was not that inconsistent this year except for 2 games. His numbers are comparable to D Watson's at Clemson who will be a first rounder.

He has stated in the past that he was focusing on getting his business started after graduation.  That could just be "player speak" though.

Would love to see him make it in the NFL

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:39:32 EST »

read a defense in college and in the NFL the game speeds up exponentially. FAR too often he throws to a receiver who is double covered when guys are wide open on the other side of the field. His talent is his legs, I could see him attempting to make it as a WR but never as a QB, he barely completes over 50% in college. Josh is a fighter and gives 100% but he's just not a great QB, just like Tebow who I fell could have made it as FB or TE.     
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 12:14:00 EST »

read a defense in college and in the NFL the game speeds up exponentially. FAR too often he throws to a receiver who is double covered when guys are wide open on the other side of the field. His talent is his legs, I could see him attempting to make it as a WR but never as a QB, he barely completes over 50% in college. Josh is a fighter and gives 100% but he's just not a great QB, just like Tebow who I fell could have made it as FB or TE.     

Have you watched some NFL games this year? Lots of QBs in the league that fit that description - but most can't run

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 12:17:54 EST »

I think he could be Hines Ward 2.0 were he to desire to do so.

I also think a lot of GMs are dumb, and someone will pay him QB money. He can hold a clipboard long enough to be pension eligible, and then move to engineering full-time.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 04:29:02 EST »

That comment about dumb NFL GMs is spot on. You can use the Titan approach of value (e.g., cheap marginal talent) or the Cowboys approach (e.g., play OL good money to stay). Or you can use the Browns approach of go out and spend as little money as possible and pray they develop before our QB gets disabled.

An NFL QB cannot last long running the ball. If he cannot pass the ball from the pocket, he will end up on IR. I give RG III, Cam Newton, and Russell Wilson as evidence. RG III is always injured. The NFL is going to let Cam be beat to submission because he is big. Wilson can throw the ball and read defense and is a monster when he can scramble.

Dobbs' skill set does not project well as NFL QB. Any GM that drafts and signs him as QB needs to be drug and alcohol tested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: