VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:55:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch Jones = Johnny Majors  (Read 3405 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2016, 03:58:19 EST »

Coach   Games   Wins   Losses   Ties   Percentage      SEC W   SEC L   SEC T   Percentage
Majors     186             116      82             8      62%         57              40              3              57%
Fulmer     204             152      52             0      75%         98              34              0              74%
Kiffin         13              7       6                0       54%           4               4              0              50%
Dooley      36              15      21              0       42%           4              19              0              17%
Jones        50              29      21              0       58%         14              18              0              44%
Total        489            319     182             8      65%        177             115             3              60%

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:03:03 EST »

Our last two coaches have LOSING SEC records!
Jones would have to go 6-2 next year to get to 500, something he has been incapable of every year he has been here
That is unacceptable!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:51:28 EST »

Our last two coaches have LOSING SEC records!
Jones would have to go 6-2 next year to get to 500, something he has been incapable of every year he has been here
That is unacceptable!

Agree.  We should have been 6-2 this year. 

There is no way the guy can be fired this season.  Let's see what he does next year with a (hopefully) healthy team.  Given that both Osbourne and Griffin played Friday, I'm sorry, but injuries do matter. 

I am in no way excusing the pile of dog shizzle that was our defense Saturday night, but if Jones has a healthy team next year and (shudder) the D is still this bad, then I guess we get to relive 2012.   

But if we at least get to the middle of the NCAA rankings for scoring D, which Butch accomplished in 2013 with far less talent, then maybe 2017 won't suck quite so bad.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:23:28 EST »

Shoop should have been allowed to bring him some of his coaches that fit his system and philosophy. Instead he was force fed Butch's guys. I'm fully convinced that there is turmoil and resentment within the staff. There's more to this than just injuries. It started from game one and continued....then when injuries started it blew up.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 06:57:11 EST »

Shoop should have been allowed to bring him some of his coaches that fit his system and philosophy. Instead he was force fed Butch's guys. I'm fully convinced that there is turmoil and resentment within the staff. There's more to this than just injuries. It started from game one and continued....then when injuries started it blew up.

Agree.  This may be a path forward...go ahead and clear out the dead wood on the D staff, starting with DB coach, and let Shoop get his guys.  The only one I would think he might reatain is the DL coach.  I do like the LB coach though, just from hearing him in pressers, but maybe move him to another spot.  Or let him go.  I am okay with either.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:04:58 EST »

Agree.  This may be a path forward...go ahead and clear out the dead wood on the D staff, starting with DB coach, and let Shoop get his guys.  The only one I would think he might reatain is the DL coach.  I do like the LB coach though, just from hearing him in pressers, but maybe move him to another spot.  Or let him go.  I am okay with either.

DB and linebacker coaches needs to be the first ones to go.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 07:20:52 EST »

DB and linebacker coaches needs to be the first ones to go.
This

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

10EC
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 07:32:26 EST »

This

Wait... we actually coach LBs???
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:36:32 EST »

Wait... we actually coach LBs???
No, we have a LB coach, though coaching of that position is not in evidence

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: