VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 01:23:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best explanation of possible cause of defensive injuries I have heard  (Read 1269 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:30:36 EST »

I what are see what you are saying ...but offense and defense are inseparably joined. Florida has defensive plays 693 as opposed to UTs 930. Compare that to Oregons 971 defensive plays. You would never guess that Oregon also has an insane defensive injury problem ? The more plays there are , the more chance of injuries. So when the injuries occur , which they will statistically , more reps fall to fewer guys. It then becomes a compounding problem. If no one addresses the issue ...you end up like the Vols where you are one or two injuries away from pulling people out of the stands to play.

I think the fast break attack and ability to score fast is awesome ...but I think the old adage about keeping their defense on the field and your defense off the field makes alot of sense when the time is right. It is unknown to me how a team can score 21 points in an explosion but cant make 4 yard plays when needed and can drive the ball

The above was flea'd from another board, but makes a lot of sense.  When you play hurry up, the D is on the field more and so the chance of injury is greater.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:24:53 EST »

Does make sense. The ole saying....'Law of Averages'.

The thing that is odd is our serious injuries and some season ending injuries that are non-contact type. Maggitt last year....Sutton or was it JKjr?.....JRM falling on his arm hurting his shoulder. What we saw this year was just unreal....It got to where in 4-5 games a UT player went down every 5-6 plays it seemed like.

Another thing....Our so called hurry up offense isn't really a hurry up. We sub so much it allows the other team to sub so what's the point. Does Butch want to brag about us running 80 plays in a loss?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: