VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 04:13:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch info....recruits...  (Read 1044 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2016, 04:11:00 EST »

Krootin update from Fortenberry

First off, talked to WR Jaylen Harris after Azzanni visited with him and his family last night. Harris will take his OV the first weekend of January of the weekend after that. Penn State is a real factor, as is Michigan State and possibly Ohio State. Pitt is in the mix, too.

Travis Etienne will also take an OV to Tennessee in January. His final three, as of now, are A&M, Tennessee and it was Oregon. But, I was hanging up with him right when the news was breaking about Helfrich. I think in the end it's A&M and Tennessee, especially since he's already taken his OV to Oregon.

Butch Jones was in the office all day but heads out tomorrow to see Trey Smith in what will be a pivotal visit. We still don't know where Smith is leaning at this point so that makes this weekend all the more important.

On the decommitments, from what I gather, the CJ Cotman deal was about fit. Apparently after Tennessee took him this summer, they landed two other cornerback commitments and still have Corker and Speed on the board. I'm not sure if the offensive coaches felt comfortable with him and I think that shows with both Azzanni and Gillespie out recruiting for their respective positions.

(You can't teach speed, IMO. We will see how that works out in the long run)

With the Gaddys, hearing pretty strongly the grades are an issue. Some has asked about sign and place, but that takes two form the allotted 25 you can sign. You can't do it like you used to.

I don't think that will be the end of the parting ways with guys as they remain very aggressive looking at several positions for help, namely DL, CB and RB with Trey Smith on the OL. 1 P_Fortenberry, Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: