VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:32:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pittsburgh looked good. You think they can keep it close against the Broncos?  (Read 1445 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:17:23 EST »

With all of Denver's firepower, I think they'll still be favored by 2-3 TDs next week.

Wait- what do you mean they didn't make the playoffs?  Last year, I read somewhere that their roster was so strong that they could've pulled some bum off the street to play QB and STILL won the Super Bowl.  I would think that now that they've finally jettisoned that broken down old man and replaced him with a REAL passer, this would be a cakewalk for them.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:33:43 EST »

With all of Denver's firepower, I think they'll still be favored by 2-3 TDs next week.

Wait- what do you mean they didn't make the playoffs?  Last year, I read somewhere that their roster was so strong that they could've pulled some bum off the street to play QB and STILL won the Super Bowl.  I would think that now that they've finally jettisoned that broken down old man and replaced him with a REAL passer, this would be a cakewalk for them.

Yep. I thought about that as the Broncs lost their last game.

Have to admit Peyton wasn't 100% by end of season, but it was enough.   

What I didn't know prior to last season was that Peyton had a winning record against Brady in the playoffs.  Thus refuting the two major criticisms...that he couldn't win a big playoff game and that he couldn't beat Brady.

It's funny, because you can always put the fact that Peyton won more when it counted right in the face of the Patsie fans.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 01:41:14 EST »

To be fair, the biggest reason the Broncos didn't make the playoffs this year has since been jettisoned. The team won last season in spite of Kubiak, thanks mostly to one of the best defenses the league has ever seen. This year, Kubiak couldn't get out of his own way. (Ironically, Kubiak was also one of the biggest reasons Peyton struggled so much last year.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: