VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:42:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry droner  (Read 7049 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:23:37 EST »

But I am happy.  So happy.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:45:42 EST »

Cheating bastages.

I don't know why the refs won't call offensive pass interference on those pick plays in the end zone. The receiver has to at least pretend he's running a pass route. The tiglet player last night just lunged at the DB and blocked him.

It's going to be unbearable here. Probably forever.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:05:07 EST »

It's going to be unbearable here. Probably forever.

The Beacon is about as close as I want to get to the hamlet next to the sewer known as Lake Hartwell, anyway.  I don't think the statute of limitations has run out on that thing yet ....................   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:23 EST »

I, too, would like to know exactly what would prompt the refs to throw the flag on the pick play in the end zone, because last night's winning play looked to me like many other pick plays that I've seen flagged.  I guess it's just a roll of the dice, maybe they'll call it maybe they won't?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:09:53 EST »

I, too, would like to know exactly what would prompt the refs to throw the flag on the pick play in the end zone, because last night's winning play looked to me like many other pick plays that I've seen flagged.  I guess it's just a roll of the dice, maybe they'll call it maybe they won't?
One difference is the other receiver actually blocked on the play, not just "get in the way"
In last year's uga game the first pick play TD to Kamara was kind of iffy in my book.  The 2nd one was as clean a pick play as you would ever see.

All the above in my (very) humble opinion

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:14:56 EST »

From the "expert anylasts" that I have heard talk today, on the play that resulted in the winning points the defender actually initiated the contact, which is not a penalty against the WR for a pick. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 09:18:51 EST »

From the "expert anylasts" that I have heard talk today, on the play that resulted in the winning points the defender actually initiated the contact, which is not a penalty against the WR for a pick. 

That's what I was thinking, too. If there was a penalty, it should've actually been on the defense.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:57 EST »

I thought Clemson's 2nd to last TD was a blatant pick.  Also, the Def PI called on Bama at the end of the game was NOT in the EZ.  Clemson should have had the ball at the 4, not the 2.  That was enough to make a difference on that dink pass TD to win it.  Ahh, but a silver lining to all of that is - Bama lost!  he he he. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 10:21:57 EST »

I thought Clemson's 2nd to last TD was a blatant pick.  Also, the Def PI called on Bama at the end of the game was NOT in the EZ.  Clemson should have had the ball at the 4, not the 2.  That was enough to make a difference on that dink pass TD to win it.  Ahh, but a silver lining to all of that is - Bama lost!  he he he. 
The SHOCKING penalty was that bamer was called for HOLDING!  I was calling Elizabeth to announce it was the "big one"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 10:32:31 EST »

The SHOCKING penalty was that bamer was called for HOLDING!  I was calling Elizabeth to announce it was the "big one"

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 05:25:41 EST »

Lady Karma just came and visited bama last night for all the bullshizzle calls that they got away with this year!  She is a Bioatch and brings friends with her when she come to settle the score with you!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 07:37:01 EST »

Saban has been teaching his players how to hold/impede WRs (hands on the back or waist, holding the jersey to slow WR down) from catching the ball for years. It is always "out of the view" of the referee so nothing is called. I frankly think any expert that claims the back was not interfering with a WR when he is holding jersey or waist and steering them is blind. On the Bama holding at the end of the game, that was a good call, but they got away with plenty others all game and for this year IMO. Saban teaches the NFL holding techniques that rarely get called.

The only way to get rid of pick plays is to outlaw crossing routes closer that X-yards. Both were pick plays and should have been called IMO. Also I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have every heard a head official or ex-referee admit the call was wrong. They always side with the referee's call even blatant bad ones. It should be evident that NCAA and NFL are having problems with officials making calls and waiting for the booth review to correct it. It is also evident that home-field bias is real and the team the league wants to win always gets the benefit of the doubt. Do I think referees are on the take? No. Do I think they make calls the league wants them to make? Yes. Why are the same crews always calling Bama games? SEC officials know they will never be reprimanded or dismissed for a bad call. They know if they called Ol holding on Bama that cost them a game, it would be the last year (maybe game) they worked in SEC. You will never be able to convince me the major leagues have traditional favorites they want to win every year and they let their head official know how good financially that would be for the league. Do I think the games are rigged? No. But for any team other than the traditional power team to win they really have to play much, much better. That is why I am surprised the Big10 let Penn State beat the Ohio State. Ohio State played so badly not even the referees could help.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59:44 EST »

Saban has been teaching his players how to hold/impede WRs (hands on the back or waist, holding the jersey to slow WR down) from catching the ball for years. It is always "out of the view" of the referee so nothing is called.

Yep. Bammer has been holding WRs ever since satan has been there...but they cut it close enough to the whistle it usually isn't called.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 03:40:19 EST »

Lady Karma just came and visited bama last night for all the bullshizzle calls that they got away with this year!  She is a Bioatch and brings friends with her when she come to settle the score with you!

Speaking of this season...

Shocking and Amazing Stats That Boggle Minds Linked:

The Crimson Tide of Alabama's game opponents were penalized far less in games against Bama. In fact, Alabama's opponents were penalized less in games against the Tide than any other teams in the country.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalties-per-game

BG

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:16:04 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 03:50:31 EST »

Yep. Bammer has been holding WRs ever since satan has been there...but they cut it close enough to the whistle it usually isn't called.

Then that's good coaching, and I'm serious because there is at least to some extent holding, pushing and shoving on many if not most contested balls by both offensive and defensive players.

BG
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:57:28 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 04:48:41 EST »

Then that's good coaching, and I'm serious because there is at least to some extent holding, pushing and shoving on many if not most contested balls by both offensive and defensive players.

BG

You are correct sir.  Satan cheats better than any sports figure in recorded history.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 04:57:16 EST »

You are correct sir.  Satan cheats better than any sports figure in recorded history.   

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalties-per-game

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: