VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:26:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auburn OC Lashlee leaves for OC job.....at UConn?!?  (Read 4212 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:39:43 EST »

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:44:25 EST »

Perhaps he and Gus didn't agree on how to run the offense?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:25 EST »

Likely Malzahn micromanaged him.  That and who knows...maybe Malzahn didn't like the way the offense performed this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:54:29 EST »

Likely Malzahn micromanaged him.  That and who knows...maybe Malzahn didn't like the way the offense performed this year.
Many Auburn fans were satisfied with his play-calling vs. Gus' calls. As you may know Malzhan called the plays earlier in the year when they had so much trouble. Took a look at one AU boards and they don't understand this, but hope it means Malzhan has worked out a deal with a Briles type of name as coordinator.

BG

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 03:55:02 EST »

My thought is he can see that Malzahn will be fired after this year unless he wins the SEC West. Those Auburn administrators are an impatient bunch. Win now or you are gone.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 06:17:06 EST »

My thought is he can see that Malzahn will be fired after this year unless he wins the SEC West. Those Auburn administrators are an impatient bunch. Win now or you are gone.

As is most anyone these days.  But it all starts with impatient, WA, spoiled FANS.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:45 EST »

Neighbors in the state have a strong need to 'keep up with the Joneses."

BG
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:23:49 EST »

Fans do not hire and fire coaches (thank goodness). The school administration does that (either ineptly or smartly). Look at Auburn's history about firing, hiring, and bungled hiring attempts. If all the stories are true, Auburn's athletic department (at least football) is controlled by big money. So yes in the Auburn "what have you done this year" attitude, Gus is gone next year if he loses to Bama bad. IMO there is nothing wrong with Gus except his choices (or ability) to attract great assistants. At least that is what the several Auburn fans I know think and say.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 07:37:53 EST »

Fans do not hire and fire coaches (thank goodness). The school administration does that (either ineptly or smartly). Look at Auburn's history about firing, hiring, and bungled hiring attempts. If all the stories are true, Auburn's athletic department (at least football) is controlled by big money. So yes in the Auburn "what have you done this year" attitude, Gus is gone next year if he loses to Bama bad. IMO there is nothing wrong with Gus except his choices (or ability) to attract great assistants. At least that is what the several Auburn fans I know think and say.

As far as I know, that's true. A lot of pressure to produce now. One thing I will mention again though is many Auburn fans became very critical of Gus for his play calling earlier in the year. When he finally let Lashlee call the plays, their success rose. I hear this from them as I live with these folks and some of my own family wear the wrong colors! :)

BG

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 08:17:39 EST »

some of my own family wear the wrong colors! :)

BG

I was NOT going to bring that up - honest!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 08:27:32 EST »

I was NOT going to bring that up - honest!

Shut-up, OJ!...Just shut-up!     Unfortunately, there's actually more of them besides the one you know of.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 08:22:20 EST »

No, fans do not hire and fire.  But they provide the $$$ for the administrators that do in the form of donations, ticket sales and especially TV revenue.  And they are the ones that demand heads roll and changes be made, and for the most part, the admins go along because it's all about the bottom line with them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: