VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:12:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just say NO!  (Read 3176 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2017, 09:10:04 EST »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c41ed2b4-d236-3bde-9049-773a39c295cd/could-tennessee-vols%26%2339%3B.html

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 10:43:56 EST »

You have as much chance to be the next UT AD.......which is zero.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:53:46 EST »

You have as much chance to be the next UT AD.......which is zero.

Oh come on...Fulmer has more chance than VOLSBOY 

Fulmer has stated repeatedly he has no interest in the job anyway.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:08:28 EST »

I am sure Big Money boosters would love to have Fulmer so they could run the department. I do not doubt the people that wrote that article have been contacted by people talking that way. If the local papers are correct, a search committee will be tasked soon to gather names for the new chancellor to review to select interviews. This will be Davenport's decision to make. I just do NOT see Fulmer as a viable choice. Writers just making up a story to make a deadline.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:22:33 EST »

If UT hired Fulmer as it's AD it would be proof that the powers that be have completely lost their collective minds. 

He has no adminstrative or business experience other than being an "investor" in a financial planning business in which he had no day to day operational duties, and he is a guy whom UT paid $6 million to go away as its football coach.  Hiring him would be insane. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 05:07:48 EST »

I love Fulmer, but he got fired because he made bad hires. Plus he got a massive parting gift that though contractually guaranteed, hurt the athletic department. If he returns he should work for free. Really.

Hire Blackburn and be done with this. Hart did a decent job righting the ship. We need someone to take it to the next level, which I'm not convinced Fulmer would do, regardless of his love for the school.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:52 EST »

There's an awful lot of smoke gathering around these Fulmer-as-AD reports.

Someone please tell me this is a bad dream. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 01:43:40 EST »

Doug Mathews is pretty cautious, but it certainly sounds like he thinks Fulmer is the favorite. At least that's how I took his statements from the Big Orange Sunday podcast.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: