VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:05:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm not a big Hyams guy, but  (Read 4195 times)
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:53:40 EST »

he is reporting this morning that Fulmer is the front runner, with Blackburn second. Guess the big money is pushing for who they want?

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
10EC
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:12:25 EST »

he is reporting this morning that Fulmer is the front runner, with Blackburn second. Guess the big money is pushing for who they want?

Why does big money want Fulmer?  What do they know we don't???

Or just friendships.
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:27:47 EST »

That's what I mean. Fulmer just happens to have friends of the program that just happen to have some $$. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying what I read.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:17:39 EST »

IMO Fulmer is the pick and golden boy for a faction of the good-ole-boy, big money power brokers that believe they control and run the athletic department. They cannot stand the thought of a real AD not under their thumb. This faction is running a behind the scenes full court press to force UT to hire Fulmer before Davenport can pick one. Hyams has no contacts within UT anymore since Fulmer was fired and his only sources have been Fulmer supporters within UTAD. Is he being told this? No doubt he is being told this. Do the big money cabal want Fulmer hired so they can control all that is UTAD? Yes they do because they know Davenport is not a UT insider that they will bully.

Listen if Fulmer was the leading candidate, why has DePietro not hired him? Why spend a possible $75,000 on search committee to vet candidates when Fulmer is right here? Will Fulmer be considered? Yes. Is he the leader? I doubt it except in the mind of the power brokers. It was these same people that supposedly talked to and hired Gruden. Did that happen? No. All this talk is just talk being leaked to reporters and sportscasters by people who want Fulmer. Ask yourself when was the last time any breaking news from within UTAD was leaked to the public? Ask yourself when was the last time Hyams was right about a scoop?

This is a power play by big money to keep Blackburn from getting the job because they know Blackburn will tell them to go pound sand when they try to interfere with running the UTAD. I am not saying Blackburn will not listen, but he will make the decisions. Fulmer will do whatever big money tells him to do. If you thought Hamilton was bad, let Fulmer take over.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:32 EST »

Where did Hyams report this?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 06:39:06 EST »

IMO Fulmer is the pick and golden boy for a faction of the good-ole-boy, big money power brokers that believe they control and run the athletic department.

As I posted in another thread, so the same power brokers that wanted Fulmer gone as the football coach so badly that they put up $6 million of their dollars to make him go away as a football coach are now gung how on giving him the keys to the entire athletic department? 

That just doesn't make sense.  Are there 1 or 2 of the money guys in Phil's corner?  Most likely, but as a group I just don't buy it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 07:07:30 EST »

You just don't fire someone who lost control of the one program they were in charge of....pay them 6 million to go away and then hire them back to oversee the WHOLE athletic program.

30 years from now if Fulmer is still breathing and UT is hiring a new AD.....Fulmer's name will be brought up from the job. 
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 08:54:27 EST »

It was reported by him on 104.5 the Zone in Nashville. Like I said, I'm not a Hyams guy, just telling you what he said. Doesn't mean I believe it or not. Doesn't mean I agree with it or not. Do I think Fulmer is the hire? No. But somebody somewhere is putting this info out there to him. Probably, as was said, just a power play by a select few people.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 05:02:38 EST »

I guess Fulmer is now saying he's interested.

My take....if we had done the fsu model of easing Fulmer out, this wouldn't be a problem because our program would likely not have suffered nearly as bad a decline.

As long as we don't hire someone as bad as Hamilton, it will at least be an improvement.  I don't expect if to be Fulmer, but if it is, he had better mostly he a figurehead with a strong second. Most say Blackburn would not accept second and I believe it. I think Condrege Holloway or someone like him could handle the day to day and let Fulmer be a figurehead.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: