VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 10:47:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols coach Butch Jones downplays decommitments, declares ‘Tennessee is back’  (Read 11644 times)
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:44 EST »

Somehow he just irritates the crap out of me with those damn cheesy cliches. He could be the HC anywhere and I would feel the same, has nothing to do with him being at Tennessee.

Understood, but I'm sure you'll admit it wouldn't irritate you near as much if Jennings hadn't caught that ball...
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:26 EST »

Understood, but I'm sure you'll admit it wouldn't irritate you near as much if Jennings hadn't caught that ball...

Actually that has nothing to do with it...this season was a throw away. Winning or losing that game does not change the fact Butch's cliches have to go.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:40 EST »

Actually that has nothing to do with it...this season was a throw away. Winning or losing that game does not change the fact Butch's cliches have to go.

I agree they have to go, I"m just saying that if he said them after going 5-7 and regularly losing to the Dawgs, I think you'd just chuckle.  In other words, I doubt he irritates Bama fans much.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 01:05:22 EST »

I honestly don't see how any opposing fan could hate Butch Jones.  Sure, his constant coachspeak and cliches piss US off, but he's never uttered a disparaging word about any of our opponents.

UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:25 EST »

I honestly don't see how any opposing fan could hate Butch Jones.  Sure, his constant coachspeak and cliches piss US off, but he's never uttered a disparaging word about any of our opponents.

You dont have to be a UTK fan to see the shallowness of it all. He is all hat and no cattle, at least so far.

Even if UGA wins those games, I would still say the same thing. He is getting paid millions to be a Tony Robbins wannabe.

I would say to the average UTK fan..the cliches would not matter as much if he would have taken the team to Atlanta.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:57:34 EST by UGADawginVA » Logged
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:29 EST »

He is getting paid millions to be a Tony Robbins wannabe.

I would say to the average UTK fan..the cliches would not matter as much if he would have taken the team to Atlanta.

Tony Robbins wannabe.  First time I have heard that one. 

And on your last statement, dead solid on the money.  Fans are tired of the talk without the results.  If he would just stop with the cliches and "i've talked to 6 NFL QB coaches about the job" crap he wouldn't bring so much stuff on himself.  He obviously thinks we are gullible enough to believe that kind of BS. 

I want Butch to be successful, but part of that success is to not insult the fans intelligence. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 10:27:33 EST »

Tony Robbins wannabe.  First time I have heard that one. 

And on your last statement, dead solid on the money.  Fans are tired of the talk without the results.  If he would just stop with the cliches and "i've talked to 6 NFL QB coaches about the job" crap he wouldn't bring so much stuff on himself.  He obviously thinks we are gullible enough to believe that kind of BS. 

I want Butch to be successful, but part of that success is to not insult the fans intelligence. 

100% agreement.

Butch's quotes are news because so many of his 'cliche' answers are in response to things that are seen by many as shortcomings in the program.

If he doesn't lose to USC and Vanderbilt, the champions of life quote would have brought very little criticism, imo. If recruiting had not dropped from what most had expected, the 5* heart quote wouldn't have elicited the ridicule that it did, imo.

When NE kicked the FG in the Super Bowl on Sunday to make the score 28-12, I told a friend of mine that Butch would have gone for the TD because NE 'had the momentum'.  Ridiculous, I think.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 02:21:27 EST »

Both teams lost to Vandy. They have more than each other to worry about.

This might be a rare occasion I agree with you.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: