VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:12:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, MSU player flops, video shows it, and he gets benefit of intentional foul  (Read 4336 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:25:19 EST »

What a bunch of Bullship

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:35:34 EST »

The bullshizzle has been the way we've shot free throws today. 

Along with the fact that for the first time in a while we completely lost our focus and poise. 

Zero excuses for losing a 19 point lead. Zero.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:36:34 EST »

We have flat sucked since about 5 minutes left in the 1st half.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:41:38 EST »

What a horrible Fracking loss

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 11:59:51 EST »

Offensively we became the perimeter shooting team in the second half. It was reversed from half one.

They became the aggressors - offensive rebounds and loose balls mainly went their way 2nd half largely due to effort imo.

And Hubbs did a Houdini today. We need him to step up every game imo.

On a side note, the flagrant 1 on the admiral is a prime example of officiating ineptness. It was an obvious flop and those three refs determined it was a flagrant foul?  OMG.  I'm not blaming the loss on the officials - far from it - but that call was atrocious!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 12:23:25 EST »

Offensively we became the perimeter shooting team in the second half. It was reversed from half one.

They became the aggressors - offensive rebounds and loose balls mainly went their way 2nd half largely due to effort imo.

And Hubbs did a Houdini today. We need him to step up every game imo.

On a side note, the flagrant 1 on the admiral is a prime example of officiating ineptness. It was an obvious flop and those three refs determined it was a flagrant foul?  OMG.  I'm not blaming the loss on the officials - far from it - but that call was atrocious!

Agree....and they reviewed the dang play and still got it wrong....But, hit our FTs.....don't turn the freaking ball over like we did and don't have our senior 5 star Hubbs go AWOL we still win the game. Zero excuse to blow a 19 point lead against anybody.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:08:31 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:34 EST »

still a horrible call

We were up 13 in the first half and I went upstairs and got distracted, the game was over when I went back downstairs.  Dot!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 02:25:51 EST »

That was a truly awful, pathetic flagrant 1 call. If they called it in live action, I could understand it a little. But to consult the monitors and THEN call it was just inexcusable.

Almost as inexcusable as Tennessee's play in the second half. Blowing a 19-point lead against a team of MSU's caliber isn't justifiable. The terrible defense, lack of hustle, losing every 50/50 ball, not rebounding, shooting FTs like a blind mule...not a good look for a team on the NCAA Tournament bubble. As good as this team had played the past couple of weeks, it all turned on a dime today. Evans killed the team down the stretch with very bad shots. Hubbs completely disappeared.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 08:16:51 EST »

I read a article this morning that Barnes wasn't too upset about the intentional foul call....he was more upset about the goaltending that was called on us.

But again....you just don't flipping blow a 19 point lead...ever.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 08:43:20 EST »

I thought that the goal tending was probably a good call. Looked like he hit the ball after it contacted the board.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:52:48 EST »

I thought that the goal tending was probably a good call. Looked like he hit the ball after it contacted the board.

That doesn't make it an automatic goaltending call.  If the ball is still going up off of the board it is in play. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:09:20 EST »

But looked to me like that shot hit the board at the top of its arc.

Side note :  NBA rule is different I think.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 09:12:56 EST »

Interesting that was the call Barnes was most upset about though.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:40:57 EST »

Well, let's face it, this team had greatly exceeded expectations since around the first of the year, but certainly in the last 4 games.  We were all hoping that would continue, but this game changed that.  I take a little comfort in at least knowing our team was good enough to build a 19 point lead on the road, which isn't easy no matter who you play.  Also, the announcers mentioned that MSU is a second half team, and they certainly were yesterday, though that in no way excuses blowing that big a lead.

But what matters is where the team goes from here.  Hopefully back to their form the last 4 games.  Unfortunately this one game has really hurt the tourney chances, but they can't be worrying about that yet anyway, it's way too early for that.

I hope they win almost all the remaining games whether they go to the tourney or not, and this game is looked back on as an anomaly.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: