VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:41:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarkisian leaving Bama?  (Read 3284 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:22 EST »

Reports he will be the new OC for the Atlanta Falcons.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report-sark-leaving-alabama-for-nfl/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:07:34 EST »

if true

Of course, satin will just name another of his quality control, advisor, hidden on the payroll types

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:27:30 EST »

It's true....Done deal. Being reported on ESPN and NFL Network he's the new OC for the Falcons.

Bama fans already started the Chip Kelly to Bama as OC stuff.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:33:22 EST »

Bama fans already started the Chip Kelly to Bama as OC stuff.

Why not? Alabama is one of the best jobs in college football, and what better way to get your foot in the door? St. Nick isn't gonna coach forever.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:43:14 EST »

Bama had CO-OC so I'd say he gets the job. If Bama hired Kelly it would be about Kelly and not Saban....don't see it happening after the Kiffin circus just ended.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:15 EST »

I just cannot see Chip Kelly at Bama. It could happen, but I doubt it. From his interviews while NFL HC, he was arrogant and confrontational. He acted like the smartest person in the room and there was no way his program could fail except for players. So he continued throwing players under the bus. It was never his fault. Does anyone believe for a minute that Kelly would stand there and take the public a$$ chewing Kiffiin did and not blowup at Saban? I cannot see them working together. Saban and Kelly would be be two prima donna super-egos  butting heads. And only Saban has earned the credibility for that. It would be fun to watch, but I cannot see that happening.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:07:18 EST »

Just perfect.  I hope he shows up soused to his introductory presser, and opens his remarks with "RISE THE fizzle UP, DIRTY BIRDS!".

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 02:34:07 EST »

Just perfect.  I hope he shows up soused to his introductory presser, and opens his remarks with "RISE THE fizzle UP, DIRTY BIRDS!".

And then a nice Hic!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 02:35:50 EST »

Kind of says something about ole satan doesn't it? A nice high paying job laid out for Sark and he bolts.  I do realize that the Falcons job is a step up, but it does IMO speak volumes of ole Nick.  The guy is such a horse's arse, why would anyone want to work with him?

So no, the bammer OC job is not a plum, not with Satan himself to deal with. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: