VTTW Board Index
April 17, 2024, 12:01:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clay Travis: ESPN has become MSESPN  (Read 3577 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:53:30 EST »

Pretty good read....I agree with a lot of it...some I don't

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-profit-plummets-as-network-turns-left-020817
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:12:21 EST »

I think ESPN's struggles probably have more to do with consumers cutting the cord on costly cable/satellite subscriptions than anything, but I do agree that their political-tinged approach is doing them no favors. I despite having my sports laced with politics. I almost refuse to watch NBC's Sunday Night Football because Bob Costas is always on a leftist political rant. My two favorite NBA coaches -- Popovich and Kerr -- can't seem to shut up about Trump. I despise Trump myself (and I say that as someone who has decidedly conservative viewpoints) but if I want to watch CNN, I'll watch CNN. If I turn on basketball, I want to watch basketball.

It drives me nuts. I long for the days when sports was sports, politics was politics, and there was no in between.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:51:49 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:37:45 EST »

I think ESPN's struggles probably have more to do with consumers cutting the cord on costly cable/satellite subscriptions than anything, but I do agree that their political-tinged approach is doing them no favors. I despite having my sports laced with politics. I almost refuse to watch NBC's Sunday Night Football because Bob Costas is always on a leftist political rant. My two favorite NBA coaches -- Popovich and Kerr -- can't seem to shut up about Trump. I despise Trump myself (and I say that as someone who has decidedly conservative viewpoints) but if I want to watch CNN, I'll watch CNN. If I turn on basketball, I want to watch basketball.

It drives me nuts. I long for the days when sports was sports, politics was politics, and there was no in between.

Good post CW.....Agree 100%
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:52:37 EST »

A lot of the pro leagues, especially the NFL, have become mouthpieces for the left and it's agenda. So I don't really hold ESPN accountable for that reason.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 06:24:51 EST »

I definitely don't agree with everything. Grayson Allen is an a--hole,period dot.  Has nothing to do with his color.

But ESPN is definitely biased.  What I find supremely hypocritical of them is how they champion gender, ethnicity, you name it, but have very few women in positions of power, and almost all the ones they do have are extremely hot and usually dress really sexy, and are mostly sideline reporters.

Don't get me wrong...I love watching them all!  But if ESPN wants to see a classic feminist definition (let me make clear, I don't feel this way.  I love beautiful women the ones on ESPN could honestly just stare at the camera without saying anything and I'd be happy  ) of "sexist", they should look right in the mirror.

Does ESPN only hire hot women?  Ya think?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 08:57:37 EST »

Likewise with conservative leanings coupled with a strong distaste for our current POTUS. I'm a follower of Jeffersonian ideas on government and will at least consider the Libertarian Party in the future.

It appears the left has no boundary when it comes to media and politics. Any sporting event appears to be fair game for running an agenda down our throats.

BG
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:35:02 EST »

I was watching a mean game of Cricket the other day and those A**sholes had to bring up politics.....what is this world coming to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: