VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:37:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamestop lightened my wallet today  (Read 2407 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:07:37 EST »

I had a B2G1 coupon on used games, so I got AC Syndicate, PGA Tour 15 (the latest version available, and no update appears to be on the horizon ), and Uncharted 4.  They were also having a sale on new games for "pro" members, so I got the Bioshock Collection for 30 bucks.  I'm going to be busy for a while.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 04:50:02 EST »

Uncharted 4 will not disappoint!

AC Syndicate is great, too.  Btw I am enjoying the AC Ezio trilogy.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 04:59:51 EST »

I had a B2G1 coupon on used games, so I got AC Syndicate, PGA Tour 15 (the latest version available, and no update appears to be on the horizon ), and Uncharted 4.  They were also having a sale on new games for "pro" members, so I got the Bioshock Collection for 30 bucks.  I'm going to be busy for a while.

You're not kidding about U4.  I started it late last night, just thinking I'd check it out for a few minutes before bed.  2 hours later, I finally tore myself away and got to sleep.  That story really sucks you in.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 05:33:28 EST »

You're not kidding about U4.  I started it late last night, just thinking I'd check it out for a few minutes before bed.  2 hours later, I finally tore myself away and got to sleep.  That story really sucks you in.

Yes, the story is fantastic.  It's so impressive to me how none of the Uncharted games have been a letdown from the previous iteration.  Naughty Dog keeps finding a way to make it better and better.  I'll have to play through U4 again sometime soon.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 12:15:38 EST »

Yes, the story is fantastic.  It's so impressive to me how none of the Uncharted games have been a letdown from the previous iteration.  Naughty Dog keeps finding a way to make it better and better.  I'll have to play through U4 again sometime soon.

Finished it today.  Great game.  For a game this linear, it better have a great story and voice acting to hold my interest, and the Uncharted series does that.  Except for the first game.  After I finished 4, I went back and tried to get back into 1, which I set aside last year after making it about halfway through.  When you're platforming and puzzle solving, it's fine.  But those moments are few and far between all the endlessly repetitive gunfights.  I'm all for some gunplay in a game like this,  but this is ridiculous.  It's almost like everytime you round a corner, you're ambushed from all sides.  It just gets tedious after a while.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:15 EST »

Finished it today.  Great game.  For a game this linear, it better have a great story and voice acting to hold my interest, and the Uncharted series does that.  Except for the first game.  After I finished 4, I went back and tried to get back into 1, which I set aside last year after making it about halfway through.  When you're platforming and puzzle solving, it's fine.  But those moments are few and far between all the endlessly repetitive gunfights.  I'm all for some gunplay in a game like this,  but this is ridiculous.  It's almost like everytime you round a corner, you're ambushed from all sides.  It just gets tedious after a while.

UC2 was the first one I played, and I didn't play the first one at all until after 3.  My experience was similar.. 1 was certainly not up to par with the others, I more or less forced myself to finish it to complete the series.

BTW, I tried out the Beta for the new Clancy game today.  Pretty fun and pretty stunning, visually.  I believe it's the first Clancy game to also be open world.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:06:55 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: