VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:57:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama's new OC  (Read 6007 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:40:01 EST »

Brian Daboll.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/02/what_you_need_to_know_about_br.html#incart_2box
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 03:01:29 EST »

I'm still LMAO off at Sark bolting.  Lane Kiffin I am sure is difficult to work with, but Saban  is probably worse, and I wonder if that factored into Sarks' decions.

This guy doesn't seem very impressive.  Good luck with that bammer! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:30 EST »

I'm still LMAO off at Sark bolting.  Lane Kiffin I am sure is difficult to work with, but Saban  is probably worse, and I wonder if that factored into Sarks' decions.

This guy doesn't seem very impressive.  Good luck with that bammer! 

I'll mention to Nick your concerns. When it comes to you, he is always willing to learn.

BG
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:12:02 EST »

I'll mention to Nick your concerns... he is always willing to learn.

BG
Wish I could say the same for our coach...
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:04:31 EST »

In all seriousness, Saban is willing to learn something new. He often points out he likes young coaches who bring fresh ideas to the staff. That being said, he's also not afraid to line up in a very conservative formation and attempt to run the ball down the defense's throat.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:34:39 EST »

I'll mention to Nick your concerns. When it comes to you, he is always willing to learn.

BG

Yes, he is quite an innovator at finding creative ways to buy the best talent.

But these days I tend to agree with TRO.  Who gives a fizzle anyway?  It's just a sport.

My team may have lost to yours, but your fanbase is still the most bat shizzle crazy group of loosers that has ever existed in the entire history of this planet.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 02:55:48 EST »

Yes, he is quite an innovator at finding creative ways to buy the best talent.

But these days I tend to agree with TRO.  Who gives a fizzle anyway?  It's just a sport.

My team may have lost to yours, but your fanbase is still the most bat shizzle crazy group of loosers that has ever existed in the entire history of this planet.  

I see. Have a losing streak and some bad seasons and now it doesn't matter. OK.

I see when it comes to Bama you're laughing again, huh. You thus get my vote as the one most likely to whistle past the graveyard!

BG

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:56:13 EST by BGHarper » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:15:25 EST »

I see. Have a losing streak and some bad seasons and now it doesn't matter. OK.

I see when it comes to Bama you're laughing again, huh. You thus get my vote as the one most likely to whistle past the graveyard!

BG

How many edits do you need to get it right BG???

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:29:05 EST »

How many edits do you need to get it right BG???

Six?!? I have large fingers!

Hey, I'm being good. Why, I even deleted the part about his predictions for Bama back in 2010. I've been holding that trump card in my hip pocket for years! Those predictions about future national championships were so 'good' I have NEVER forgot them!

Regarding this post: only 1 edit!

BG
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:36:55 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 02:12:17 EST »

Six?!? I have large fingers!

Hey, I'm being good. Why, I even deleted the part about his predictions for Bama back in 2010. I've been holding that trump card in my hip pocket for years! Those predictions about future national championships were so 'good' I have NEVER forgot them!

Regarding this post: only 1 edit!

BG

Post away.  My response will be simple and direct.   I didn't factor in that bammer would be no. 1 in recruiting for 6 years running.  No other team in history has even come close.   So yeah, I was wrong about that.  But let Saban recruit like any other SEC power and my prediction would have been spot on.

Which also easily explains why I don't GAS.  I don't credit bammer with anything but being the best recruiting cheats.

Anyone not in full blown denial can easily see that's what's going on.  Roughly half the 2-3 dozen folks that are bammer fans I have discussed this with face to face actually say that to me.    And they don't care either, they are happy to admit it, all that matters to them is winning.

But I actually am getting more like TRO in general.  This shizzle just doesn't seem to matter like it used to, and I think that's a good thing.  I sure don't want to be like those idiot Raider fans that beat a guy to death, or the bammer fan that shot her sister, or the dipshizzle that poisoned the trees (one Raider example and two bammer examples!)  See what I mean?  Bat. shizzle. Crazy  )

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 03:23:09 EST »

Post away.  My response will be simple and direct.   I didn't factor in that bammer would be no. 1 in recruiting for 6 years running.  No other team in history has even come close.   So yeah, I was wrong about that.  But let Saban recruit like any other SEC power and my prediction would have been spot on.

Which also easily explains why I don't GAS.  I don't credit bammer with anything but being the best recruiting cheats.

Anyone not in full blown denial can easily see that's what's going on.  Roughly half the 2-3 dozen folks that are bammer fans I have discussed this with face to face actually say that to me.    And they don't care either, they are happy to admit it, all that matters to them is winning.

But I actually am getting more like TRO in general.  This shizzle just doesn't seem to matter like it used to, and I think that's a good thing.  I sure don't want to be like those idiot Raider fans that beat a guy to death, or the bammer fan that shot her sister, or the dipshizzle that poisoned the trees (one Raider example and two bammer examples!)  See what I mean?  Bat. shizzle. Crazy  )

You've got to admit it's funny. The more you seem to laugh, the better it seems to be for the Tide.

Oh yeah, blah.

BG

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 03:40:02 EST »

You've got to admit it's funny. The more you seem to laugh, the better it seems to be for the Tide.

Oh yeah, blah.

BG

CGAS

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:32 EST »

Post away.  My response will be simple and direct.   I didn't factor in that bammer would be no. 1 in recruiting for 6 years running.  No other team in history has even come close.   So yeah, I was wrong about that.  But let Saban recruit like any other SEC power and my prediction would have been spot on.

Which also easily explains why I don't GAS.  I don't credit bammer with anything but being the best recruiting cheats.

Anyone not in full blown denial can easily see that's what's going on.  Roughly half the 2-3 dozen folks that are bammer fans I have discussed this with face to face actually say that to me.    And they don't care either, they are happy to admit it, all that matters to them is winning.

But I actually am getting more like TRO in general.  This shizzle just doesn't seem to matter like it used to, and I think that's a good thing.  I sure don't want to be like those idiot Raider fans that beat a guy to death, or the bammer fan that shot her sister, or the dipshizzle that poisoned the trees (one Raider example and two bammer examples!)  See what I mean?  Bat. shizzle. Crazy  )

Sooo...if they didn't recruit so well, they wouldn't be near as successful on the field..."Gump! You're BRILLIANT!! I will I had 20 more of you in this platoon!"  

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:50:46 EST by RockyMtnVol » Logged
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 06:29:48 EST »

Trading Kiffin for this guy and Cristobal for the Joe guy they hired .... 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:42 EST »

Sooo...if they didn't recruit so well, they wouldn't be near as successful on the field..."Gump! You're BRILLIANT!! I will I had 20 more of you in this platoon!"  

It's not that they "recruit well", it's that they recruit so much better than everyone else.

Think about it a while, and when it makes sense to you, get back to me.

Not holding my breath though.... 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 06:23:26 EST »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 04:12:19 EST »

Trading Kiffin for this guy and Cristobal for the Joe guy they hired .... 

I agree.  We'll see how it works out with Jalen Butt-herts as their QB. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: