VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:24:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Davis thinks John Currie is a 'big get' for Tennessee  (Read 2838 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:21 EST »

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/2017/02/28/charles-davis-thinks-currie-big-get-ut-ad/98539168/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:41:34 EST »

Hm.  I didn't know he had spent time at UT.  You wouldn't know it from all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.   

Plus, he's relatively young and energetic.  I didn't think Hart was the greatest AD of all time by any means, but I thought he did well enough, but at his age you wonder how much energy he could really put it.  So at least Currie has relative youth going for him. 

And he was an AD at another major P5 program that has a rich bball tradition and recent football success.  Doesn't sound so bad to me. 

But if all I did was listen to message boards, I would have expected to see this hire in May, but only with a lot of luck.  Heck, we were going to start football season without an AD, apparently.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:52:30 EST »

I agree...some were upset we didn't hire Fulmer but he had Zero expecting an Ad.. Terrible choice.    Some wanted Blackburn but his best quality was that he was a UT guy... He has done a "nice"  job at UTC  but he has not captained a major program.  I think Currie will be fine. 

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07:28 EST »

Here are my questions.
1) Why hire Currie when he's never hired a successful hoops or football coach?
2) If he's so great with money, why was he in a key position during UT's great financial mismanagement?
3) Why do seemingly so many people at K. State and UT say he's not good to work with?

Doug Mathews is a Fulmer guy (I did not want Coach Fulmer as AD), but he's also pretty calm. His podcast is always worth a listen, but he was really fired up in his most recent one (below).

http://www.1045thezone.com/features/podcasts/

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:12:25 EST »

Here are my questions.
1) Why hire Currie when he's never hired a successful hoops or football coach?
2) If he's so great with money, why was he in a key position during UT's great financial mismanagement?
3) Why do seemingly so many people at K. State and UT say he's not good to work with?

Doug Mathews is a Fulmer guy (I did not want Coach Fulmer as AD), but he's also pretty calm. His podcast is always worth a listen, but he was really fired up in his most recent one (below).

http://www.1045thezone.com/features/podcasts/

The press will always stir the pot, because it's good for the bottom line.  Almost every reporter is automatically going to question Currie, because it helps their bottom line.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:14:12 EST »

Currie did hire Snider back as the football coach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: