VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:12:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Vols ousted by Bama  (Read 8705 times)
Creek Walker
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:11:33 EST »

It is the first time in a quarter century that  Tennessee women have lost in the opening-round of the conference tourney. But, by all means, let's not rush to judgment on Holly. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:14:57 EST »

Well, the new AD has his first assignment laid out vividly in front of him.

She's a terrible head coach.  She's lost in that role.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:16:33 EST »

It is the first time in a quarter century that  Tennessee women have lost in the opening-round of the conference tourney. But, by all means, let's not rush to judgment on Holly. 

You seem giddy.  If we lose by 40 in the dance, I hope you don't actually wet yourself with excitement.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:51:49 EST »

You seem giddy.  If we lose by 40 in the dance, I hope you don't actually wet yourself with excitement.   

Make no mistake, my friend. The laughing emoticon wasn't aimed at the Lady Vols. It was aimed at you.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:27 EST »

But let's keep B. Jones around.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:02:15 EST »

I would've been fine with canning him this year. But that was never going to happen.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 01:22:36 EST »

Bama has beat our ass 3 games in a row.....First opening SECT game loss since 1994.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:04:35 EST »

Make no mistake, my friend. The laughing emoticon wasn't aimed at the Lady Vols. It was aimed at you.

I could GAS if you laugh at me.  In fact I could actually GAS about most anything you say, but gloating after an embarrassing loss to our program...for any reason, is kind of pathetic.

But stroke your ego where you can, I am sure it needs all the help it can get. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 02:44:31 EST »

I would've been fine with canning him this year. But that was never going to happen.

Honest question, is there anything that you like about TN athletics at the moment?   
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 11:55:16 EST »

Yeah same ole VOLSBOY shizzle every time some coach is called out fire Jones!   Well frankly dumbass you have the moronic temperament of a fruit fly with your single minded get rid of Jones posts.  Yes UT underachieved last year, but fire a coach that has finally gotten UT back from the depths we had sunk to with the hiring of Fiffin and Fooley?  If you were the AD we would be hiring a new FB coach every freaking four years and that is the quick way to winning three games a year and my season tickets being worth shizzle!  When you give a few thousand to the University every year to secure tickets come talk to me otherwise STFU cause you are clueless!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 04:32:01 EST »

Yeah same ole VOLSBOY shizzle every time some coach is called out fire Jones!   Well frankly dumbass you have the moronic temperament of a fruit fly with your single minded get rid of Jones posts.  Yes UT underachieved last year, but fire a coach that has finally gotten UT back from the depths we had sunk to with the hiring of Fiffin and Fooley?  If you were the AD we would be hiring a new FB coach every freaking four years and that is the quick way to winning three games a year and my season tickets being worth shizzle!  When you give a few thousand to the University every year to secure tickets come talk to me otherwise STFU cause you are clueless!

Bite me. I see the same shizzle you see on the field. What has he accomplished that has impressed you?  He hasn't even won the SECE yet. I'm sorry, I don't see the same things you see to instill confidence. You don't get a more favorable schedule than the Vols had this past season, to at least win the SEC East. If he was to get fired, would the replacement be any better. The SEC has fired a lot of coaches good just because they can't beat Saban. Most of the new hires have been downgrades. So no, firing someone is not always the best move. But I see Jones never doing better than 9 wins. He just doesn't show the coach'em up ability that is needed in this league. If you are okay with that, so be it. Hopefully his new assistants can step up and improve things. We laugh at Kiffin, but I bet he would have improved Dobbs game more than anyone did at UT. Remember how much Crompton improved under his watch.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 05:11:58 EST »

Bite me. I see the same shizzle you see on the field. What has he accomplished that has impressed you?  He hasn't even won the SECE yet. I'm sorry, I don't see the same things you see to instill confidence. You don't get a more favorable schedule than the Vols had this past season, to at least win the SEC East. If he was to get fired, would the replacement be any better. The SEC has fired a lot of coaches good just because they can't beat Saban. Most of the new hires have been downgrades. So no, firing someone is not always the best move. But I see Jones never doing better than 9 wins. He just doesn't show the coach'em up ability that is needed in this league. If you are okay with that, so be it. Hopefully his new assistants can step up and improve things. We laugh at Kiffin, but I bet he would have improved Dobbs game more than anyone did at UT. Remember how much Crompton improved under his watch.
You are about as knowledgeable about football as my wife's cat

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 09:40:20 EST »

As if winning the SECE were easy, even in a down year....

Kiffin? LMAO!   7-5.  His prize recuit that he got fined by the SEC for even mentioning. Held up a convenience store.  With a pellet gun.  Holy fizzleing shizzle.

Here's another question or two for you.  Should we have lost to UCLA?  Should we have lost to Auburn?  Should we have lost to Ole Miss the way we did?  Should we have been embarrassed in the bowl game?  Any answers?  I bet you don't recall those games at all, but I do.

Yes, I give Kiffin credit for bringing Crompton around.  One thing he does well is improve QBs he inherits.  He doesn't seem to do as well with the ones he gets fresh out the jar.  And I know that Dobbs wasn't perfect, but he is statistically the third best player on our team in total offense, traiing only Peyton and Clausen, in that order.  And say what you want, offense wasn't the problem this year.

That you would pick at the best player on our team and speculate that Kiffin would have done better with him speaks volumes of you.

You are one of the most ignorant uninformed posters I have ever encountered, and BELIEVE ME, that is saying a lot!   And the fact that you deprecate our team leader from this past season again makes me think you dislike the Vols and are just pretending to be a fan.

But I think what it really is, is, you probably actually hate yourself.  Your criticism of the Vols is a projection of your own inner feelings about yourself and your feelings of inadequacy.   

That might be the Lucy from Peanuts 5 cent pop psych evaluation, but I bet I'm not far off.

Good luck with that!   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 10:09:19 EST »

As if winning the SECE were easy, even in a down year....

Kiffin? LMAO!   7-5.  His prize recuit that he got fined by the SEC for even mentioning. Held up a convenience store.  With a pellet gun.  Holy fizzleing shizzle.

Here's another question or two for you.  Should we have lost to UCLA?  Should we have lost to Auburn?  Should we have lost to Ole Miss the way we did?  Should we have been embarrassed in the bowl game?  Any answers?  I bet you don't recall those games at all, but I do.

Yes, I give Kiffin credit for bringing Crompton around.  One thing he does well is improve QBs he inherits.  He doesn't seem to do as well with the ones he gets fresh out the jar.  And I know that Dobbs wasn't perfect, but he is statistically the third best player on our team in total offense, traiing only Peyton and Clausen, in that order.  And say what you want, offense wasn't the problem this year.

That you would pick at the best player on our team and speculate that Kiffin would have done better with him speaks volumes of you.

You are one of the most ignorant uninformed posters I have ever encountered, and BELIEVE ME, that is saying a lot!   And the fact that you deprecate our team leader from this past season again makes me think you dislike the Vols and are just pretending to be a fan.

But I think what it really is, is, you probably actually hate yourself.  Your criticism of the Vols is a projection of your own inner feelings about yourself and your feelings of inadequacy.   

That might be the Lucy from Peanuts 5 cent pop psych evaluation, but I bet I'm not far off.

Good luck with that!   

And the mother of all questions, and the number one reason I will never forgive Kiffin.  Should we have lost to bammer?   Given that our kicker couldn't hit the side of a barn from beyond 40, and that he had actually missed two from beyond 40 that day, what was Kiffin's rationale for running the clock down to attempt a 43 yarder with 38 seconds to go?

Keep in mind, that ended up being the key win in bammer's first national championship under satan.  We win there, maybe they don't win it all that year, maybe satan is slowed just enough that bammer is nowhere near as dominant as they are now.  Who knows?   

But go ahead, praise Kiffin all you want.  There has always been a small but vocal minority that thought he actually did a good job, but they are among the least patient and most ignorant of our "fans".   And volsboy, you definitely qualify, and in fact are very near the top, on both those lists.   

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 02:45:15 EST »

Did you pass reading comprehension?  I stated yes they underachieved, but if you actually knew something you would just STFU.  When Butch arrived he had 10 players that were SEC caliber athletes....10 out of over 100 athletes were SEC athletes.  So basically he was coaching pretty damn good to win 5 games the first year.  Next after he gets some talent on the hill over 70% of the starting defense misses multiple games.  That lack of depth is because he was behind the eight ball!  Using the god given brain youu have keeping your ears apart would indicate that UT is still struggling to get quality depth built up.  The first string has been quality, but the backups just were not there.  Yeah I was disappointed and if you fire Jones after just four years from when we basically were a dumpster fire from being an o child program, we are making it back and that is not going to happen overnight. 

We all know you HATE Butch and want him gone no matter what.  I tell you what if you are such a fizzleing know it all coach and program guru get your ass down to TN and donate your expertise to the program and put your fizzleing money where your mouth is!

EmerilVOL

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 02:50:04 EST »

You are about as knowledgeable about football as my wife's cat
Your wife's cat would be better.  Hell at least he knows how to play with a ball....all volsboy knows how to play with is himself and his inflated ego!

EmerilVOL

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 03:53:47 EST »

Emeril lives!

Yes, I know him and have proudly helped him pack those tailgating items up in Knoxville. He is is one of the all-time great tailgaters and food connoisseurs ever to grace the great tailgating scene on the Quad at the University of Alabama.

When it comes to college football history knowledge he knows in his Orange heart who rolls. Seriously, even my wife and family admire his hospitality and cooking expertise so much!

BG

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 04:21:11 EST »

Emeril lives!

Yes, I know him and have proudly helped him pack those tailgating items up in Knoxville. He is is one of the all-time great tailgaters and food connoisseurs ever to grace the great tailgating scene on the Quad at the University of Alabama.

When it comes to college football history knowledge he knows in his Orange heart who rolls. Seriously, even my wife and family admire his hospitality and cooking expertise so much!

BG

Thank you kind sir! I have been very busy the last couple of years working for a large software concern that has led me to not spend as much time tailgating as I did.   I truly appreciated breaking bread on the quad at Bama and sharing a pint or two of some cherry jubilees from the mountains of east tn!       

I have been working on some new recipes for my next forays into serious tailgating with my crowning achievement being a Cuban/BBQ combination that will be the next EmerilVOL tailgating triumph!

EmerilVOL

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 04:38:43 EST »

Thank you kind sir! I have been very busy the last couple of years working for a large software concern that has led me to not spend as much time tailgating as I did.   I truly appreciated breaking bread on the quad at Bama and sharing a pint or two of some cherry jubilees from the mountains of east tn!      

I have been working on some new recipes for my next forays into serious tailgating with my crowning achievement being a Cuban/BBQ combination that will be the next EmerilVOL tailgating triumph!

I have wondered where you where.  Yes, I remember those cherries in the east Tennessee finest 'shine! I even even remember who brought them. He was a UT fan who posted on Grid's "Opponents" board with us at Gridscape. He grew up in Tennessee and was a doc. He was a former Texas Tech fullback who still loved the Vols.

Also, the great Celtic Vol brought some 'shine! I always spent most of the time at those tailgates with Celtic, Pirate or CookVol...you were too busy cooking!

We had blast at all of your tailgates and the primary reason I post here. So much fun!

BG

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 05:02:26 EST »

Texas Tech fullback.......AKA Couldbefostersdad......AKA sangle swang among some others. He is from my neck of the woods. Really good poster too.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:01:58 EST by Tnphil » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 06:05:25 EST »

I'm not okay with 9-4. You all seem to be. He lost to Vandy and SC.  What has been impressive? Horse-face has still won the East his first two years. But I agree I am overly critical. I also understand that you can't replace a coach at the drop of a hat. I think Butch was guilty of being too loyal to his long time assistants. He needs good assistants. Successful coaches always do. Honestly, do you expect to see an SEC title from Butch? Well at least being in the SECC game. No one has been successful at beating Bama for the SEC title lately. Hard to believe it was Auburn that did it a few years ago. Hopefully we can beat LSU or Bama this season. Butch needs a win over a West school. What would his record look like if he had to play 6 West schools instead of 6 East schools every season? I will give the dead horse a break from here on.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:57:22 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: